speed limiter removal? how?

Ive got a 2015 corolla s 1.8 cvt. Whats the mods or process for speed limiter removal? And are ther any low cost stand alones or pcm programmers via the obd2 port?

Also i have done exhaust lowered and looking into an intake. Maybe doing the turbo kits,com turbo kit. I am ordering the throttle controller from pivot or weapon r in a couple weeks.

Black64

I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I would think it would be best to upgrade your transmission first. Got any pics, would love to see your car!

HanSolo

In stock trim, I suspect you may not want to test the upper speeds. I have had it up past 80 a few times keeping up with morning interstate traffic and it is not enjoyable. As said by above poster, I agree that the CVT may not be built to handle that type of driving.

In stock trim, I suspect you may not want to test the upper speeds. I have had it up past 80 a few times keeping up with morning interstate traffic and it is not enjoyable. As said by above poster, I agree that the CVT may not be built to handle that type of driving.
I have hit 100mph on some roads a few times. I can handle it fine. The road should be as level as possible though or else the car will be rather unpleasant to drive.

I am currently emailing and talking to to turbokits. about their kit. And doing a guinea pig situation and sponsorship for the kit. Hopefully it all goes thru. And i have lowered my car as well as put exhaust on it so far. Xsp s model is what im driving. Ive hit 110 but it struggles to get there. But i want the limiter gone if anyone has that info.

HanSolo

I am not convinced the Corolla is safe for those speeds. These are not aerodynamically sculpted to be stable at high speeds. Start with brakes, body kit, and suspension before working on more speed. You may be better off getting into a 6 speed as you will have more options for beefing up the drivetrain.

I have plans and things in motion for aerodynamics. As far as why i want to go any faster well to answer that bc i can and to push those limits. This will never be a drag car thats not what im after. As of now i am building a show car that will eventually when done how im wanting it will become a track car. And as far as 6 speed while it is able to be beefed up i am also after r &d and the limits of the cvt bc the only way to ever have performance and upgraded parts developed is to give someone a limit and what items are a failure point to develope of of. And many people run the cvt which calls for the need of info. Also if you delve into the world of indy and lemans and a few other race scenes you will find that toyota amongst others use cvt more than people realize. The cvt promotes consistant shifts and and lap times as well as reduces driver fatigue from repetetive motions and allows the driver to focus more on driving than shifting! Hope that help clear up the debate. And who the hell wants to be like everyone else lol.

I max out a rental 2014 LE corolla at 116 when I was staying in greenville SC. That cvt does a pretty good fake shifts than other cvt I driving before.

Theres the difference. Its not fake shifting. The reason for the paddles is to allow a person to shift the vehicle when it needs to be under heavy throttle. You can notice at 5800 rpm that shift is necessary where as if you let it go until the car shifts it while in manual mode you will notice a loss in power and speed. This is what people mean when they say its 90% driver and 10% car. If you dont know the vehicles limits and where to shift you shouldnt build or drive a car of any kind other than to and from a to b. These are things you learn of course. Just takes time, radio off, listening to the trans and engine and its sound.

This cvt technically has 2 planetary gears n a belt. That shift feel is engineered by toyota to give u that feed back that like if you're changing gear. The good thing about this is that u can Rev to the red limiter but the downside you loose more torque than a conventional transmission but the mine upside is that u get great mpg. Yes I love hearing my engine while I'm shifting gears especially wen u feel n hear the right moment to grav another gear. I have a 6speed manual.

the better question is he is willing to install a turbo kit on a CVT transmission? :O
The only thing I would be worried about is the torque converter breaking. In this particular scenario, it would be considered the weak link. The CVT is also considered a weak link because we have absolutely no specs on it.

For sure the k&n intake sounds very good n there is a slight better throttle response with the trd exhaust now just need the throttle controller.

I max out a rental 2014 LE corolla at 116 when I was staying in greenville SC. That cvt does a pretty good fake shifts than other cvt I driving before.
Why would you do that to a rental car? Someone is going to end up buying that car and is why I do not buy used cars. Doing that is also extremely dangerous as all it can take is a slight elevation and road camber change, or a sudden crosswind to cause you to loose control. If you had a tire blow out, that would be very bad at those speeds.

Noe

Why would you do that to a rental car? Someone is going to end up buying that car and is why I do not buy used cars. Doing that is also extremely dangerous as all it can take is a slight elevation and road camber change, or a sudden crosswind to cause you to loose control. If you had a tire blow out, that would be very bad at those speeds.
I actually hit 125 mph and my car hit that limit and slowed itself down to 90mph. Tried to go up again and did the same thing. So i guess it stops at 120. My 15 corolla S is all stock

I actually hit 125 mph and my car hit that limit and slowed itself down to 90mph. Tried to go up again and did the same thing. So i guess it stops at 120. My 15 corolla S is all stock
Wow I haven't try it on my corolla s yet. I only have a K&N intake n a TRD exhaust.

Noe

Well not to sure because i was already going 80mph. I can get from 0-60 in 6-7sec. And all this without being on sport mode. Id say 15 sec.

0-60 is more in the 8-10 second range. Speedometers can be fairly inaccurate at higher speeds due to the margin of accuracy they are allowed by the DOT. If you were able to reach 120, it would take a lot longer from 80 than 15 seconds.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Theres the difference. Its not fake shifting. The reason for the paddles is to allow a person to shift the vehicle when it needs to be under heavy throttle. You can notice at 5800 rpm that shift is necessary where as if you let it go until the car shifts it while in manual mode you will notice a loss in power and speed. This is what people mean when they say its 90% driver and 10% car. If you dont know the vehicles limits and where to shift you shouldnt build or drive a car of any kind other than to and from a to b. These are things you learn of course. Just takes time, radio off, listening to the trans and engine and its sound.
Remember to update us on turboing your Corolla! If it all goes as planned, you'll be the first Turbo Corolla with a CVT! :D

I would talk to a shop that may be able to fabricate an oil pressure valving system for the CVT. Toyota designed the oiling system to have as little parasitic drag as possible, so you don't have much room as far as turbos go.

Also, I've done 115 m.p.h. in the car and felt confident at that speed.

To disable the speed governor, a dealer MIGHT do it, but they'll probably want to see higher rated tires. A shop should be able to disable the speed governor as well.

I would talk to a shop that may be able to fabricate an oil pressure valving system for the CVT. Toyota designed the oiling system to have as little parasitic drag as possible, so you don't have much room as far as turbos go.

Also, I've done 115 m.p.h. in the car and felt confident at that speed.

To disable the speed governor, a dealer MIGHT do it, but they'll probably want to see higher rated tires. A shop should be able to disable the speed governor as well.
Yes if you ever want to go fastest for sure need to invest on higher rated tires. You think disabling the governor would void the warranty?

A dealer will very likely not disable the speed limiter because they could be held liable should someone loose control of their vehicle at high speeds. Investing in better tyres is absolutely critical as stated above. As for the warranty, it has to be proven that a modification caused a component failure. However if the manufacturer is able to prove that excessively high speeds caused a component failure, that could be an issue. My biggest concern would be the CVT as drivetrain components take a beating at high speeds due to wind resistance. Back in the 90's when the V8 Ford Taurus SHO's were out, there was a very significant correlation between transmission failures and members of the 140mph club. We ended up determining that the transmission was burning up under those conditions.

Ive got a 2015 corolla s 1.8 cvt. Whats the mods or process for speed limiter removal? And are ther any low cost stand alones or pcm programmers via the obd2 port?

Also i have done exhaust lowered and looking into an intake. Maybe doing the turbo kits,com turbo kit. I am ordering the throttle controller from pivot or weapon r in a couple weeks.
Did you get the throttle control unit yet? If so how does it work?

Havent turbo'd it yet nor gotten the throttle controller. Got rearended 3 weeks ago and its been in the body shop. So ive decided since my cars value has went to shit im going to turn the corolla into a daily driven road track car. However, i have finally decided on turbo and design. And with enough help from the toyota community i will be giving everyone the answers weve been searching for and unsuccessfully finding. Ill be putting up a post to help but this link will be in the post as well.

www.gofundme.com/corollabuild