Speed Up Your Slow Computer!

Many of us have a computer that over time has slowed down, which is not only annoying, but time consuming. My own computer recently slowed down so much I almost couldn't use it anymore. It was that bad! I was at Wal Mart one evening and noticed a product on the shelf called, "System Mechanic", that listed many things it could do to speed up and repair your computer. Seeing that it was only $20 and the company had claimed they had repaired 73 million computers with their software, I figured it was worth a shot. Well it has greatly improved the performance and speed of my computer to an almost like knew condition! I can heartily recommend this product to anyone. Below is the link to this product. I hope this helps out the forum members here -

http://www.iolo.com/

Windows PCs typically slow down as applications are installed and used. Whether using word processing, spreadsheets, internet, games or anything else, hard drives fill with temporary files that do not always get removed when no longer needed. Usually conducting disk defrag, registry defrag and cleaning system junk and hidden errors in Windows registry with some powerful tool such as freeware such as Ccleaner toolbox, Wise Registry Cleaner or Wise Disk Cleaner or purchase something to clean up/speed up a slow computer.

Hi this is Ross my Pc works on window-7 all my accessories in the system are very advanced but they are very slow want to update it i just had a doubt whether y system not support w-7 or I am doing any mistakes this is happening from the last three months.

Last edited by a moderator:
In today’s times, any business is highly dependent on its IT infrastructure. No business can hope to grow on a large scale without a dedicated and well-managed web presence. This means that not only do they need an attractive and well-designed website, but they need a hosting service and servers that they can count on. Additionally, most businesses these days employ the services of multiple servers to ensure continuous uptimes of their website. Managing these multiple servers is highly important and this is where good quality server management services will help you in a big way.

Nervous to boost PC performance, but deceived by bad guidelines, which creates factors even more serious, in the end you have no one to grumble to, but invest a huge sum of cash to get your PC set. That's just kind of sad, isn't it? Let's create the disaster never occur again, look up the record below, and discover out what are the toughest guidelines that are featured of being able to completely boost PC slowly performance, but on the opposite, only reduces PC performance!

it probably a good idea to just take the darn thing to a repair shop there much better equipped to fix your computer than some software from walmart

it probably a good idea to just take the darn thing to a repair shop there much better equipped to fix your computer than some software from Walmart
But the software from Walmart, Target, Staples, etc., etc., did the trick and for a lot less money and time at some computer shop. :thumbsup:

I used Microsoft Security Essentials (free). I have used Spybot Search and Destroy with good results, but now I am using CCleaner. Not a bad program.

However, when I switched to AT&T U-Verse, I installed the free McAfree anti-virus software offered for free from AT&T. My computer has slowed considerably since installing it. So, I uninstalled it and re-installed MSE. Computer is faster again.

One of the reasons for the slow downs is due was due to McAfee constantly downloading and installing new updates. Emphasis on "constantly".

Degraggling, though time consuming (takes over an hour or two for a full scan) has good results.

I refuse to pay for anti-virus if I can find something free with a good reputation. I'm really surprised the $20 find at Walmart actually yielded results.

Last edited:
I use Microsoft Security Essentials. For everything else, I know my way around the computer enough to fix any other issues that come up.

McAfee is the worst. It is such a resource whore, it is not even funny.

I just don't understand why it's always updating/downloading/checking, etc. whatever. It was an absolute hindrance.

By the way, I also use Zone Alarm Free firewall.

Best thing to do is avoid unknown websites, don't download anything unless you know the source, etc. etc. etc.

Antivirus software definitions only help against known viruses. If you catch a zero-day virus, no anti-virus software on the planet will help. And usually .. the first thing a zero-day virus targets is processes for the anti-virus software.

I know this one is a few months old, but pc work doesn't go away.

Combofix. Download from bleeping computer. Its free. Updates itself. Installs windows recovery console if not installed. Hands down the best virus / root kit killer out there.

I am a corporate network engineer. I live by it.;)

CCleaner and Malwarebytes. CCleaner is free and Malwarebytes I got off Newegg for $5 on special, but the freeware version is great too. All you need. Been doing IT for 10+ years.

Hi man. If you have a slow computer, but you still want to play some games on it, I would advise you to try mu online. It's a really cool game, man, because you can create your own hero and to develop his skills. You know, it is very fine to play with you own character. I have found some cool servers on http://muonline.us and everything is fine now.