Steering Wheel is not center. It is slanted far more left.

JDS91

image.jpeg image.jpeg I have a MY14 Toyota Corolla S Premium with 15,XXX miles on it.
I noticed tonight after getting home that the steering wheel is more pushed in left than being centered (not turning the wheel but seemingly the column itself such as if you were to sit down the left side is farther away than the right.) the wheel in center position is aligned straight with the wheels. This is completely annoying. The car has been having issues where it drives very uneasy such as a feeling of shakiness. My friends who have ridden in the car say it drives very uneasy as well. I took it into the dealership for inspection and they said that everything checked out but one rim does have a bend in it and asked for $405 for the rim (which I can get for $205 at some online sites) so I declined there order and installation and will order myself and have them replace and install the new one. The area I live in is unforgiving with potholes so I'm not surprised. The car had been aligned at the dealership before as well. This dealership is Greens Toyota of Lexington. I can take as many pictures as you all would need for a analysis. I'll post a few I took of the steering wheel tonight. Any and all help would be welcome. I do not drive like aggressive and I take the car in for any and all maintenance and take care of the car and try to avoid as many hazards as possible. I have the extended 5 year/ 55k warranty and I'm aware Toyota has the 6y/100k power train warranty as well which pertains to this situation it seems.

Last edited:

JDS91

Update:

Through warranty digging I've found out that the steering wheel/column issue is not covered under the power train warranty if its the drivers fault (running over pothole.)

I will be looking at my buddy's same year/trim Corolla this week and analyzing his steering wheel and test driving it to get a feel. It could be the design of the car ig his drives well and looks the same.

Last edited: