Tail lights don't get brighter when brake applied

Discussion in '2009 - 2013 Toyota Corolla' started by Seansean81, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Seansean81

Seansean81 New Member

Hi,

I have a 2012 Toyota Corolla. The tail lights turn on and are working, but when I apply the brake, only the middle brake light gets bright. The other 2 just stay the same brightness.

I just recently changed the bulb on one of them and the other one I changed the bulb a few years back.

I don't think its a fuse, because the middle light should be on the same circuit.

This problem just started but there is another problem with the turn signal which may be related...When I give the left turn signal (engage the left turn signal switch all the way down) all 4 lights turn on like I am giving my hazards. The right turn signal works fine and if I just hold the left turn signal half way down, and not engage it fully it works fine.

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 New Member

I would guess that one burned out and you have the other bulb in backward or its the wrong bulb.