Those Who Have Window Tint

What did you pay for your tint?

We have a local car/audio shop and I got a quote from them and it just seemed high. I'll preface this by saying that I know nothing about window tinting pricing.

They explained the process and it seemed very thorough...removal of door panels...no other car allowed in the shop to reduce dust while tint is being performed...prefer to get the car the night before so it adjusts to the temperature...they said it would be about a half day job.

4 windows, plus the rear...the two front would be Ohio legal and the 2 other windows plus the rear would be 20%...quote was $349.99

VTAK8k

2014 S Plus
I can say I paid that much 12 years ago on a car. After that amount of time, the tint has not noticeably faded. It definitely has not turned purple. The only flaws I could see in it were minor scratches from my kids. Be careful trying to go too cheap, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Damn, I paid $99.95 at the dealership I bought my car from. They actually used 3M tint and it came with a lifetime warranty for as long as I own the vehicle, so thats a huge plus.

Sorry forgot to mention. If they are removing the panels then that is a very good step. Some cheap places dont even do that. Some even mess up when working on the rear window that has a 3rd break light by not cutting it properly or sometimes not cutting it at all.

I was just quoted from a shop about an 50 miles away (Columbus, Ohio) for $229 + tax and they use Llumar-FormulaOne film.

They said it would be a 4 hour job.

Hey man.. just got my car tinted. 20% all the way around including the windshield strip. i paid $200 exactly in cash. No special deals or anything. These are about the brightest conditions i could get :)

Attachments

Last edited:
I got another quote for $225...using LLumar, but they say it will only take 2 hours...their tint guy has been tinting for 15 years and usually does the tint for the higher end car dealers in Columbus.

I guess what has me wondering is the different "time" quotes I'm getting.

vance07

Brandon Vance
not to nitpick just like to know wouldn't the most common way be 50% front and 20% rear ? since most people go lighter in the front? and I would like to see pictures as well most people do 20% all around haven't seen one with two different front and rear.

not to nitpick just like to know wouldn't the most common way be 50% front and 20% rear ? since most people go lighter in the front? and I would like to see pictures as well most people do 20% all around haven't seen one with two different front and rear.
Cause in California, we are not supposed to have tinted windows in the front. But, most of the people (like me), still want to do that. Because afraid of getting caught by the cops, we like to do a little bit lighter in the front and put the percentage we like for rear windows

XEON

In NYC must have 70%! less then that will get you a $135 pre window (front only) ticket.

I got one on my old MPV 04. Not doing that again! No tint for me :-(

Tint

Just had my 2014 done in Gladstone, Missouri. Did back doors, back window and front eyebrow with 20 percent and front two with 35 percent. $185.00