Tire pressure sensor light

Folks,

I have a (new to me) 2008 Corolla S.

The TPS light came on about a week ago. Checked the tires and one tire was about 6 psi low. Fixed that.

Despite reading, and rereading the owners manual, and checking Alldata at the library, I can't figure out how to get the TPS light to go out.

Any advice is appreciated.

Rog

I have after market rims on my 2008 CE and I was told that tire pressure light WILL NEVER turn off because of this.
that is because either they damage your TPMS during the install or your tire pressure is off. Try rotating your tires, re pressure your tires, & hit the reset button.

I've owned my car for 6 years now and during that time, I've gotten new tires and have had my tired rotated. The light has been on for 6 years and I'm told will stay that way.

I've owned my car for 6 years now and during that time, I've gotten new tires and have had my tired rotated. The light has been on for 6 years and I'm told will stay that way.
Don't worry about.. the TPMS is more headaches, then practical. Those cars that were built in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, & early 2000s did pretty good without them :D

Not sure if this is related, but I changed the wheels on a Lexus IS250 to 18" IS350 wheels. The TPMS light stayed on. I had to pay the dealer about $125 to "reprogram the system" for the new wheels. Which means that it's a 5 min. job–if you have the equipment. May be some Youtube video somewhere showing how to do it. Definitely a headache. Plus the wheels are starting to look stupid, like something a kid would put on the car. The dealer said I could put the original rims back on without reprogramming.