Tires

Smoke

Hey All,
Recently bought a 2014 Corolla S.
Its the wifes daily driver and will need tires soon(215/45 17)

Looking for long tread life and decent winter performance, any recommendations?
TIA

Last edited:
MICHELIN PREMIER A/S.Tire Rack rates them very good and has them for $135 a piece for our size. Had them on my other car and love them. Costco has them on sale often and also Toyota dealer. I got mine at dealer on sale for 4 tires for the price of three. Cheaper then Costco price on sale.

To whom it may concern

Rotate you're TIRES every OIL change and will last a LONGGGGG time.

I have a Tacoma 2002 w 333K miles, running on my 3rd set of tires, yes 3rd set of Shoes !
1st set stock tires 105K miles
2nd set 285/75/16 Yokohama M/T 120K miles
3rd set on now 285/75/16 Firestone M/T do the numbers, cause numbers DON'T lie !

Rotate Rotate Rotate !
3ddie

how much snow we talking about? in Canada the Hankook Optimo 4S is branded and sold as an all-weather tire. This past winter was my second with them and they work great all year. If you don't get much snow consider an all weather tire.

I posted this back in December, 2016....

"I replaced the crappy Hankoook tires that came standard on my LE Eco with proper ContinentalTrueContact tires. It made a huge improvement in the ride quality, noise dampeningandhandling dynamics. Had I known it would have been so beneficial, I wouldn't have waited until I hit 40,000 miles on the original Hankook pieces of crap!"

These tires have about 12,000 miles on them and have been EXCELLENT all around.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I keep to stock if you're wearing the tyres out? I also check the Mileage and rotate.

If your rear tires are still good, you can replace the front two.

Lucky me only two tires are in excellent condition, one is in very good condition, and the back tire I had had a disformation, and I played it safe to get the same exact discontinued tire off, which stopped being made. And rotated . I am now good for another Winters season in 2018.