Top end speed 2016 LE 1.8

So I bought this car 3 months ago. For me it was all about fuel economy. Drove it with that in mind. Finally got 45 mpg after that I just drive not worried about mpgs that much. Last week I pasted my 1st car and thought damn, pretty good kick for a 1.8. So when I got out on a country road and a long straight away (slightly down hill) I hit it. In no time I was at 105 mph and I shut it down. Has anyone ever check top end speed. I figured there was a shut off point.

Too many cops around here to get much above 80, which is reckless. And they don’t just slap you with a ticket anymore, sometimes it’s straight to jail.
I see so many people from out of town hauling ass down our interstates. Be careful in Virginia, they DONT mess around!

That said, I hit 110 dusting an Accord!

Too many cops around here to get much above 80, which is reckless. And they don’t just slap you with a ticket anymore, sometimes it’s straight to jail.
I see so many people from out of town hauling ass down our interstates. Be careful in Virginia, they DONT mess around!

That said, I hit 110 dusting an Accord!
I never do anything much above the speed limit around town. I did my top speed run when I was going through Nevada on a back road in the middle of nowhere. There was nothing but dirt for miles except for the road!!

Dante

I got to 118 in my ‘17/ cvt in sport mode! It would be nice if the cvt could be flashed to go 145, cause in 5th and 6th my tach is reading 4700rpm and still wants to haul ass

I got to 118 in my ‘17/ cvt in sport mode! It would be nice if the cvt could be flashed to go 145, cause in 5th and 6th my tach is reading 4700rpm and still wants to haul ass
That would be close to the top speed due to drag and the power available to push it much faster. 145 mph in a stock Corolla with 132 HP is a pipe dream. haha