Towing a Teardrop Camper?

My 1995 Corolla DX Wagon with almost 100K miles, and in great shape would like to get a hitch to tow a 900 lb dry weight, 1900 lb wet weight, 85 I think tongue weight teardrop Little Guy 5' wide. Is this possible/advisable? I love that car, but can't always use my tent. Thanks for any advise!

That's asking a lot of an economy car, especially with 100,000 miles on it. That will put a big strain on the engine and transmission, both of which are very expensive to replace.

i have a '95 1.8L geo prism [aka corolla] [154Kmiles] with a hidden hitch 1.25" receiver. i tow a small utility trailer rated at 1000#s. when fully loaded, it is noticeable and mpg drops from 30+ to around 22 and the trany spends a lot more time out of OD. i don't usually drive over 65 on the flat. i'm never in a hurry when towing. have put around 5kmiles on the car in towing mode [usually not fully loaded]. so far, no noticeable affects. i think you'll find 2000#s of trailer a bit much, but if you're not in a hurry [up grades] and tow infrequently it will do the job.