Towing light weight in 06' Corolla

I'm an avid Kayak fisher. And I have been contemplating the idea of getting a tow hitch for my 06' Corolla LE. I currently have a roof rack, but I am considering getting a single jet ski trailer to tow my fishing kayak (I have a bad shoulder and throwing it on top of my car doesn't help it)

The total weight would be around 200-300 lbs.

Questions:

Is the weight to excessive that it would put too much strain on the transmission?
General thoughts?
Would you recommend any other modifications? (Ex: transmission radiator)

I pull an 1100 lb camping trailer with mine, it works well, just shift into second when going up steep hills on the highway, the torque band is in the 4k rpm range. No transmission cooler needed. I've towed thousands of miles in the mountains, and the fluid doesn't smell burnt or anything still the clean red color.

rk97

I've only towed a handful of times with my corolla, but when I have, it's always been with a 4x8 trailer that weighs 300ish lbs. on its own, when empty.

I've moved a couch, a dirt bike, and a few loads of fire wood. I do get nervous on long highway stints with the dirt bike ("long" meaning 150 miles), but I just try to turn off the Overdrive when I'm going up hills. I keep talking about a transmission cooler, and if you can do the install yourself, it's cheap peace of mind.

towing 300 lbs., I wouldn't worry at all, unless it's a 300 lbs. object that creates a TON of wind-drag. Consider how much weight the transmission has to deal with if you have 4 people in the car, and a trunk full of their stuff. That's more than you're towing.