Toyota Corolla 1997 ae101 4efe to 4age?

Hello I'm in a need of some help I have a ae101 1997 Corolla hatchback with a 4efe engine and this year the one of the Pistons stopped firing and well the engine is fucked but this car is my passion so I don't want to give up on her yet. I was thinking of a 4age engine or something along those lines any tips and tricks or links to guides that will help me take out my 4efe and put in a new one find a good engine and if I need to change gearbox or clutch

p0x1c

are you sure you are on an e series engine... I have never heard of the e's being used in the states. If you are, you probably need the x member for an a-series engine, if you are an a series engine the bolt pattern will be the same on the engine and trans... you will have to use a clutch and pp for the correct flywheel on the 4age 87 and back used A 200MM flywheel, 87.5+ used a 220mm flywheel. 4AFE's used a 200mm as well, so you will need the proper combo. all A-series used the c-series gearboxes with the exception of the GZE's. One thing to consider is you will either need to rewire or have a wiring harness made for you. Plug and Play harnesses can be had for around $400.