Toyota Corolla 2003 oil change for a first timer

So I want to change the oil myself not only will I save a few dollars but I think it will be fun to change my own oil. So I have a Toyota Corolla 2003 basic model. No power windows or power locks. I have seen some videos online, I learned that I need 5w-30? So I think I will need to buy a car jack, engine oil, oil container to capture the old oil and recycle it later, oil filter? Is that all I need?

1. When buying a car jack what should I look for? How many tons does my car weight?
  2. How large of a container should I buy? Or how much oil will I be throwing away?
  3. Where do I buy the oil filters? Any specifications too look for?
  4. Engine oil where? How much? Brand?
Should I post my VIN number to get assistance that is more specifically tailored to my specific car? Car has gone through 2 other family members before being mine. Last oil change was done 209,570, I think it's around 213,XXX. The less trips to the stores the better.

ToyBoy

I would recommend car ramps over a jack.Put a block behind the back wheels also and car in gear and parking brake . That should eliminate any possibility of it rolling backward. I have a 2014 Corolla so don`t know what`s recommended for a 03 with quite a few miles.I buy 0-20 synthetic for my 2014 by the gallon jugs and put my old oil back in them and take it to the recycling center here in town. I just a regular oil pan I bought years ago and use a funnel for filling oil and also for the pouring of my old oil into the empty container. Most any oil pan is going to be big enough to hold your oil. The recommended oil weight is probably labeled on yout oil cap.