Toyota Entune Update

I have seen many videos and posts about people having their radio frozen. They found that the only way to get the radio back is by replacing the unit. However, I know that there are updates that we can do to the system. If we do these updates, it is possible that the system might not freeze in the future. (My theory)

Where can we download the firmware and update it ourselves through an USB?

I know that some versions you can do it through the app, but mine doesn't support that.

Lets start this discussion so that we can prevent this from happening.

(Sorry for my broken english)

The unit is locked by the Toyota Sim card which makes it almost impossible to do the update now on your own. I don't know where to find it but you are on the right path you need the USB cable and you have to flash the software to the car. I ended up just replacing my unit and now entire system to a pioneer nex way better sound and navigation features. The camera update that comes with it is even cooler. I only did that tho cause the dealer wanted 1300 to replace my unit. I was like yeah ok for that price I do a complete upgrade.

Hi! Can I ask which model NEX you installed? And are you happy with it?
I got the 8200, however u need sperate adapters for the steering wheel controls and camera. The navigation is way better it is way more accurate, and give you better prep commands and you can tell when the street you're looking for is coming. The music quality is awesome too. I am still toying with it like apparently I can install apps to the radio now, I just haven't really taken the time to do so. I'd say if you're looking for a new radio unit and have the spare change do it.

I got the 8200, however u need sperate adapters for the steering wheel controls and camera. The navigation is way better it is way more accurate, and give you better prep commands and you can tell when the street you're looking for is coming. The music quality is awesome too. I am still toying with it like apparently I can install apps to the radio now, I just haven't really taken the time to do so. I'd say if you're looking for a new radio unit and have the spare change do it.
Are you still able to control car settings? Like the locks, the headlight timer, ?

Are you still able to control car settings? Like the locks, the headlight timer, ?
You I nvr checked, as we speak I am. It looks like, unlike our factory radio unit, I don't see a screen for car maintenance, or vic settings as far as the beeping, the door locks, and we'll I don't recall seeing a headlight timer on the factory one but neither do I see it here. I have yet to sit with this bad boy and really learn it, but according to my friend this unit has an entire app suite that can be downloaded. I just haven't gotten around to it. It is possible one of the apps is something similar to our factory radios maintenance and vic settings. It is also possible that we lose out on that. Currently my vic still has the settings I left it in. So when I touch the door it locks/unlocks all doors, my dimmer setting are now ran by the unit so I have it get darker at night but there is an auto setting I just don't like it on auto cause sometimes 6 pm is dark or 7 is dark. I hope I didn't go off track and was able to get you the information you were looking for. Ultimately if I'm to be honest, if it is something I am sacrificing I'm OK with it cause I nvr really used the vic settings or maintenance page.

You I nvr checked, as we speak I am. It looks like, unlike our factory radio unit, I don't see a screen for car maintenance, or vic settings as far as the beeping, the door locks, and we'll I don't recall seeing a headlight timer on the factory one but neither do I see it here. I have yet to sit with this bad boy and really learn it, but according to my friend this unit has an entire app suite that can be downloaded. I just haven't gotten around to it. It is possible one of the apps is something similar to our factory radios maintenance and vic settings. It is also possible that we lose out on that. Currently my vic still has the settings I left it in. So when I touch the door it locks/unlocks all doors, my dimmer setting are now ran by the unit so I have it get darker at night but there is an auto setting I just don't like it on auto cause sometimes 6 pm is dark or 7 is dark. I hope I didn't go off track and was able to get you the information you were looking for. Ultimately if I'm to be honest, if it is something I am sacrificing I'm OK with it cause I nvr really used the vic settings or maintenance page.
Let me get this straight, this aftermarket unit works with the factory backup camera & steering wheel controls??? Also, the factory EnTune unit does have settings for changing the headlight timeout, dome lights, alarm beep, & passive arming delay. I don't have the navigation model though, so not sure where it's at on that model. Amazing what you can learn from simply reading the owner's manual... :p

Let me get this straight, this aftermarket unit works with the factory backup camera & steering wheel controls??? Also, the factory EnTune unit does have settings for changing the headlight timeout, dome lights, alarm beep, & passive arming delay. I don't have the navigation model though, so not sure where it's at on that model. Amazing what you can learn from simply reading the owner's manual... :p
Yes, it is a separate adapter for it, also I forgot to mention it needs ano adapter for the radio antenna. So with out the 3 adapters you lose out on camera, steering wheel mounted controls, and radio. And yeah you're correct as well if I think back on it, those said settings were under general vic settings. Also I did confirm there is a car services app for the new unit, and also I learned you need a memory card for it to save information such as addresses on the navi. By default you get to slots to save for "home" and "work". Also it's a pretty dumb feature but I can watch DVD movies haha. The unit has slots to add monitors for the back row and has an option to either maintain the sound in all four or you can split it 2 ways. Like the front speakers get music from what ever source you choose, and the back gets the video source(and it's audio)

Yes, it is a separate adapter for it, also I forgot to mention it needs ano adapter for the radio antenna. So with out the 3 adapters you lose out on camera, steering wheel mounted controls, and radio. And yeah you're correct as well if I think back on it, those said settings were under general vic settings. Also I did confirm there is a car services app for the new unit, and also I learned you need a memory card for it to save information such as addresses on the navi. By default you get to slots to save for "home" and "work". Also it's a pretty dumb feature but I can watch DVD movies haha. The unit has slots to add monitors for the back row and has an option to either maintain the sound in all four or you can split it 2 ways. Like the front speakers get music from what ever source you choose, and the back gets the video source(and it's audio)
Very interesting. I may just have to look & see what Kenwood has to offer. I'm just worried about gaps in the dash & what not.

Very interesting. I may just have to look & see what Kenwood has to offer. I'm just worried about gaps in the dash & what not.
I wouldn't worry to much about space my new radio has a bigger screen but it still fits the factory slot for the radio. I'm pretty sure it would be the same for kenwood

I wouldn't worry to much about space my new radio has a bigger screen but it still fits the factory slot for the radio. I'm pretty sure it would be the same for kenwood
I'm sure that there's plenty of space. My concern is gaps between the head unit & the dash.

Bunta

The unit is locked by the Toyota Sim card which makes it almost impossible to do the update now on your own. I don't know where to find it but you are on the right path you need the USB cable and you have to flash the software to the car. I ended up just replacing my unit and now entire system to a pioneer nex way better sound and navigation features. The camera update that comes with it is even cooler. I only did that tho cause the dealer wanted 1300 to replace my unit. I was like yeah ok for that price I do a complete upgrade.
1300??!?! fuq dat
i would've done the same