Tpms sensor

My tpms sensor broke. I was wondering if I buy the same tpms on eBay or some site like that would I need to reprogram it to my 2014 corolla or what exactly do I have to do? Really need your help

Broken how ? The hardware in the car (less likely) or one or more transmitters in the wheels ?

If you still have the dash light (either flashing or eventually staying on) it's most likely a wheel transmitter thing.
They generally last long, but it could be a weak transmitter battery or another sensor fault. You'd have to replace the transmitter.

If you changed wheels they need their own transmitter (or changed a wheel transmitters) and have to be paired with the car.
In that case you need to reprogram the system (mechanic or you if you have a Techstream tool).

If it's indicating a pressure problem but your tires pressure is OK to you, you need to reset the system.
The reset button is at the upper left of the glove box. Set the pressure than hold the reset button until the light flash 3 times.

Last edited:
It's easier to purchase a replacement sensor from a local tire shop. They are ~$50 ea. +install. They can perform the relearn procedure to match the vehicle, as well. Plus you get a warranty. I wouldn't trust ebay or amazon for stuff like this. The Chinese make a lot of fraudulent/inferior auto parts and flood the U.S. market. Technically, the TPMS sensors should "all" be replaced at ~7-8 years. That's about the life of the integrated batteries. In the owners manual, Toyota recommends replacing them when replacing your tires.

It broke when my brother tried changing the tires. Gonna buy a sensor and this tool called Carista. Hooks up to obd and can program it myself as well as other features. Will let you guys know how it works if you are interested