Trac light

Mine came on once when driving in the rain. I assumed it was because it was letting me know I didn't have as much traction due to the weather? Just a guess.

The trac light should be blinking when the system has detected wheel spin. You might have a malfunction somewhere in the system. But what I don't understand why only the track light is on? Usually its also follow by with a check engine light.

If its still on, I would take it to the dealer and have them take a look at the system, it shouldn't stay on, unless it says off somewhere also. What you can try is to hold the Trac button next to the Sport mode for about 5 seconds and see if that works, but make sure its not "OFF".

If it lights up on the dash, mean that its either off or something going on with the system. It should not light up, meaning that Trac is ON, but consult with YOUR user manual before you start driving. If it lights up, either its OFF (Solid), Trac is active (Should blink/flash for a brief moment or however long it takes to gain traction, NOT Solid) or System issue (Maybe SOLID).

I have a button labeled Trac Control Off. If I press it, the display lights up on dash. When should I push it? What is default?
Default is on. You have to push it (a couple of seconds) to put it off if you dont want traction control, meaning if you want the whells to spin freely (like for getting out of a snow bank)