TRD lowering springs

anybody install the trd lowering springs and have photos? Also how much does it actually lower the car? Also is it a better ride (smoother) with the springs or about the same.

Thanks

Thanks for showing me photos, the cars look great lowered. If they basically the same I will probably go with the trd ones since they alittle cheaper.

Eibach and TRD are nearly identical, I have heard the TRD are just recolored/ branded Eibachs. Here is my car on Eibachs though

How big are your rims? What brand are they? They look like my Motegi Racing MR127 lol. I was thinking about lowering my car too!

Rylee

I was looking at megan racing springs...http://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/2017-toyota/corolla-megan-racing-lowering-springs.html // I was reading in another forum and some people were skeptical about "Megan," BUT I like the price point. Obviously, you wouldn't have bought them if you didn't believe in them, what model did you install?
D2 racing makes springs for rollas that drop it 2.25” and I hear have a much better ride then Megan racing. I will be installing my D2 springs next Friday will post a photo then if you want

Does anyone have a step by step youtube like that shows all the steps on how to install lowering springs including taking off the plastic cover, wiper blades and the whole thing front and rear basically on 11th gen model? Much appreciated.

Can anyone answer me if torsion beam being part of our rear suspension gets affected by camber after lowering compared to independent rear suspension which does get affected a whole lot. I remember my cousin lowering his older Maxima and they used similar suspension as corollas and he didn't have to do anything to adjust camber. How about the front?

I've seen slammed corollas on this forum, have any of you guys installed any camber kit, if yes front and rear or front only. Does one have to worry about it with TRD lowering springs? Will there be any difference in camber? I'm sure it's not 0 from the factory but slightly negative I can tell on the rear tires but are TRD going to affect it more considering corollas rear suspension set up?

I got Tein Lowering Springs. They sat pretty low and they were smooth ride. Dropped to 2 fingers all around. Low enough to look good, but high enough that I could still jump some speed bumps lol.

Can anyone answer me if torsion beam being part of our rear suspension gets affected by camber after lowering compared to independent rear suspension which does get affected a whole lot. I remember my cousin lowering his older Maxima and they used similar suspension as corollas and he didn't have to do anything to adjust camber. How about the front?

I've seen slammed corollas on this forum, have any of you guys installed any camber kit, if yes front and rear or front only. Does one have to worry about it with TRD lowering springs? Will there be any difference in camber? I'm sure it's not 0 from the factory but slightly negative I can tell on the rear tires but are TRD going to affect it more considering corollas rear suspension set up?
As far as springs at least for me, they were cambered a lot more than with my coilovers especially in the rear. Some coilover setups can camber in the front but nothing really in the rear unless you use washers, but that’s pretty risky. I know of someone who’s actually having a camber plate made for his corolla to replace the washers in the rear.

This thread has me concerned. So I checked mine again last night. With TRD lowering springs and 18” wheels, I’m at +1.5 in the front and +2.5 in the rear. (This camber, not to be confused with ride height.)
So, once it stop raining, I’ll be taking it for an alignment!

WAs she out of alignment? When you got your alignment did you provide them with specs for your particular springs or stock suspension? I read somewhere that lowering springs need alignment set up recommended by TRD in your instance.

WAs she out of alignment? When you got your alignment did you provide them with specs for your particular springs or stock suspension? I read somewhere that lowering springs need alignment set up recommended by TRD in your instance.
I’ve never heard that. Now I’m gonna have to go let the dealership check it. Sheesh!
The camber was good for factory specs based on 215/45/17’s. I guess that’s as close as they could get to the correct wheel size? Doesn’t matter since the overall size is the same as my stock wheels.
They did adjust it though.
What surprised me was that the toe was out.
As for the rear... no adjustments can be made. Very minor if any. But was in specs.

This information was taken off of the TRD springs installation manual.

Camber:
-0°35’ +/- 0°45’ (-0.58° +/- 0.75°)

Toe:
0°00’ +/- 0°12’ (0.00° +/- 0.20°)
0 +\- 2.00mm (0 +/- 0.0787in.)
Standard difference 1.5mm (0.0591in.) or less.

This is front wheels only. There are no specs for the rear.

Got this from the Eibach pro kit for 11th gen Corolla with rear toe and camber specs. I wonder why there is a difference vs TRD specs on the front specs? Front camber is almost the same. But toe doesn't match. IMG_20180312_163946.png