turning off TPMS light after tire rotation

Hi I haven't been on the forum in awhile but my question is does anyone know how to turn off the tpms light when rotating tires? My 2 year free maintenance is about to be gone and don't want to have to go back to the dealership or other shop every time I rotate my tires to have the sensors reprogrammed.

Does rotating the tires have an effect ? You'd still have 4 sensors and one receiver. I also know that you have a reset button on the left of the glove box (p. 450 or so of the manual).
All I know is that my winter wheels/tires don't have the sensors, so the tpms light is on all winter. When I go back to summer wheels/tire (with sensors) the light goes off by itself after maybe 4-5 min.
Hope somebody can help you more !

According to the guy who relearned/reprogrammed mine after having them off the car awhile while switching to my aftermarket wheels I'll have to do have the relearned/reprogrammed every time.

Well if so, here is what the manual says
How to initialize the tire pressure warning system
1. Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off. Initialization cannot be performed while the vehicle is moving.
2. Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level.
3. Turn the engine switch to the “ON” position (no smart key) / IGNITION ON mode (smart key).
4. Press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times.
5. Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch in the “ON” position and then turn the engine switch to the “ACC” or “LOCK” position. (no smart key) / turn the engine switch off (smart key)
The tire pressure warning valve and transmitter is equipped with a unique ID code. When replacing a tire pressure warning valve and transmitter, it is necessary to register the ID code. Have the ID code registered by your Toyota dealer

Sorry haven't been on here in awhile been working on a project but still trying to figure out if I'll have to go to the dealership or another shop to have the sensors programmed after rotation. I don't really think I would since the car doesn't tell which wheel is low or anything just the fact that one is low don't see Toyota or any other manufacturer putting like that in a economical car like the Corolla. Just hoping someone can confirm whether or I'll have to get the system programmed if I do the rotation myself? Asking again because my 2 year free maintenance is about to go out the 10th and I won't have 20,000 miles by then for the last free service and I'm not paying them $70 or more for oil and filter change and tire rotation especially when I already have 10 quarts of Royal Purple oil. Thanks in advance!

Disconnect the battery before u touch the wheels to rotate them. Hopefully that works I've done that in the pass n no problems.
Thanks hadn't thought about that for the TPMS light I'll try that I have a little over 19300 now and my two year date is the 10th and I might driver 37-50 miles a day at the most so don't see me getting to 20000 miles to get my last free maintenance.

jolly

I'm a bit confused here. Rotating the tires means front wheels to rear and left to right. This changes nothing to the TPMS.

If you mean changing wheels, then either your new wheels don't have sensors and the light will simply remains on, or you new wheels have other sensors, then the system must be reinitialize (not the same thing as reset) to recognize the ID code of the new sensors. According to the manual, it's a dealer procedure but there probably is a in-house version (that I don't know of).

Also be sure that you have the right psi in your tires in the first place if you have to reset (to change the memorized pressure, via the button in the glove box) or reinitialize the system.
As I said, my winter wheels don't have sensors and the light remains. In spring, when I put back the original wheels with sensors, the system re-establish connection with the wheels by itself and the light goes off within minutes.

In any case I don't think disconnecting the battery help, as the system won't be any more able to recognize new sensors - or would react accordingly if there are no sensors - when back in power.

No I still have the aftermarket wheels I've had on a year or so the guy who turned off the light when the sensors were off a little while. Said that if I rotated the tires I'd have to get the system reprogrammed every time I rotate my tires. Don't know how true it is if it is was hoping someone could verify beforehand.

Well I rotated my tires yesterday and no light except for one of my tires being low and once I put air to the right pressure the light went off and hasn't come back on, so know now I can do my own rotations without worrying about the light coming on.

sarwar

Well I rotated my tires yesterday and no light except for one of my tires being low and once I put air to the right pressure the light went off and hasn't come back on, so know now I can do my own rotations without worrying about the light coming on.
i have same problem with toyota corolla 2015 s , is there any way to bypass it,

sarwar

I'm a bit confused here. Rotating the tires means front wheels to rear and left to right. This changes nothing to the TPMS.

If you mean changing wheels, then either your new wheels don't have sensors and the light will simply remains on, or you new wheels have other sensors, then the system must be reinitialize (not the same thing as reset) to recognize the ID code of the new sensors. According to the manual, it's a dealer procedure but there probably is a in-house version (that I don't know of).

Also be sure that you have the right psi in your tires in the first place if you have to reset (to change the memorized pressure, via the button in the glove box) or reinitialize the system.
As I said, my winter wheels don't have sensors and the light remains. In spring, when I put back the original wheels with sensors, the system re-establish connection with the wheels by itself and the light goes off within minutes.

In any case I don't think disconnecting the battery help, as the system won't be any more able to recognize new sensors - or would react accordingly if there are no sensors - when back in power.
i have same problem with toyota corolla 2015 s , is there any way to bypass it, because one of them has broken,i dont want to buy a new one

When I bought my wheels and tires I wanted to keep my stock set up for future resale just in case.
Anyways, I bought 4 new Toyota OEM TPMS sensors. Wherever I bought them from (Amazon) sent me a link on how to reprogram them. Although the information provided didn't work for me, there is tons of good information on the website.
Which I believe is tpmsrelearn.com

I scheduled an appointment at Toyota and then decided that it wasn't worth $160 bucks. So I never went.
My TPMS light still comes on from time to time, but I think it's seeing our other Toyota at start up.

Not a big deal to me. I got used to it.
But it's on my list of things to do.

When I bought my wheels and tires I wanted to keep my stock set up for future resale just in case.
Anyways, I bought 4 new Toyota OEM TPMS sensors. Wherever I bought them from (Amazon) sent me a link on how to reprogram them. Although the information provided didn't work for me, there is tons of good information on the website.
Which I believe is tpmsrelearn.com

I scheduled an appointment at Toyota and then decided that it wasn't worth $160 bucks. So I never went.
My TPMS light still comes on from time to time, but I think it's seeing our other Toyota at start up.

Not a big deal to me. I got used to it.
But it's on my list of things to do.
Same here, especially when I switch to winter tires in front with no sensors. Surprisingly that light doesn't bother me too much knowing exactly what caused it and why it's there. I would be more worried it it went off without sensors. :)

When I changed out my wheels, the shop moved the sensors to the new wheels. I didn't have any issues with the TPMS light coming on. All I had to do was reset the pressure level since the new tires required more pressure than the factory ones.