Unusual Cabin Heating Failure

Hello,
I very much hope that with your help and feedback I can resolve a problem relating to my Corolla's heating system, or at least reduce the costs to fix it. I have trawled through many previous posts on this site referring to Corolla heating issues to try to resolve, but my vehicles fault symptoms are quite different from those I have read about. I have a bit of expertise (I like to think!) but I have little knowledge of the Toyota climate control system.

Car Details:
Vehicle: Corolla Hatchback, 2006, Auto, Climate Control, 19400 miles. Car purchased 13th April, 2015 at 10 K miles.

Fault Symptoms:
In the summer, and with the heater set to cold, engine just arrived at full temperature, the heater dispenses a huge amount of heat. The heater reverts to cold after 10 - 15 minutes, and stays (correctly) at cold. The cycle again repeats when the engine is turned off, allowed to completely cool, and is then restarted.

Following an overnight soak below freezing, and the cabin temperature display set to 20 degrees. Engine started, and full temperature reached, but no heat is supplied to the cabin. The heater is sometimes persuaded to operate by turning the engine off and then restarting it. An alternative route is to raise the displayed temperature above 27 degrees. I am guessing, but the blown heat supplied does not seem to reflect the temperature displayed on the dash. The velocity of blown air via the fan through all the heater mode options is very good, and it functions correctly.

Status Of Various Elements:

The cabin filter element is new and installed correctly.
The coolant is filled to the maximum level in the expansion reservoir and is clean and pink. The cars mileage is extremely low, so an issue with the heater matrix is unlikely.

The engine thermostat might be aged and less efficient, but the heaters entry and exit pipes are untouchably hot with the engine at full temperature.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated from other members, I suspect, but clearly do not know for sure, that an electronic component has failed, the question is which and where?
Kind regards.
read more: toyota fortuner 2017, tera 190, toyota yaris 2017