USB Random Playing

Every Time I start my car and want to listen to all the files on my USB drive, I have to hit the songs button, then select a song and then it will play everything on the drive randomly. When I start it back up, if the last artist only has one song on the drive, it is the only song that will play.

On start back up, the system is limited to just the last song that was playing until its inventory of the flash drive is completed. Use a longer song as this last one (so it has time to make inventory before it ended). Or simply keep selecting a song.

I also found with larger USB keys the scanning takes a long time and caused the same thing. The first I had in my car was 64gb and when it was full it was way too much for it to handle. That key eventually died after a few month of that rescanning. 16gb was no issue, 32gb isn't bad.

The first I had in my car was 64gb and when it was full it was way too much for it to handle. That key eventually died after a few month of that rescanning.
Using a 64gb myself, yes it takes a bit longer to scan but what you describe speak more of a defective key than the system.