Use Engine Restorer for 2002 Toyota Corolla with cylinder compression issues?

Will Engine Restorer work for my 2002 Toyota Corolla? I experiencing weak compression 90psi vs 160psi for Cylinder 4. Saw several recommendations to use Engine Restore as cheap effective way to fix compression issues, and also stop oil leakage (1 qt per week).

But then I saw Amazon reviews saying NEVER to use it for "newer" cars with VVT - Variable Valve Timing Engines. Some folks say it will gunk up the sensor and internal components, others say it works well. Sure enough my Corolla has a VVT-i engine. Is this something I can still use or should stay clear of?

Thanks!

Yoi should attach a link or at the very least a picture of which one exactly your talking about they're multiple different brands and types on amazon. It could help us get a better idea if we knew which one exactly your looking into.

Switch to mid range petrol. Switch to full synthetic top of the line oil and filters. My personal preference is MOBIL 1 Full synthetic with a WIX, MOBIL 1 or BOSCH filter. There is a known problem with cylinder three for which there is a valuable work around. Add some LUCUS products to the gas lines. Change the plugs / wires if you haven't recently. See what happens. Personally I wouldn't touch engine restorer. 1999 Corolla 235,000 miles.