Very High Fuel Consumption Corolla 1.6 L 1zr-fe engine 2014

hello every body

i need help my corolla 1.6 L 2014 model with 1zr-fe engine model number consuming very high fuel now

before it was need 8.2L for 100KM but now car disply showing 9.8L for 100 KM

car driven only 45000KM please advise me i already visit to toyota saudi arabia but they said its normal

Well, In North America we only have the 1.8l engine to go by but the same things can be checked. Check air filter, spark plugs, Has the oil been changed, is there a brake pad or drum slightly sticking causing excess drag. What fuel are you using has there been a change. I grew up in a foreign country and know that not all fuel is the same, even here in North America there is a difference in fuel. Have you taken your car to a dealer to check out?. 2014 should still have warranty on it. Speed also plays a roll, how fast do you drive, do you hammer down on the accelerator when the light turns green?. Many things can play a factor, if your habits have not changed than maybe a trip to the dlr to have your car checked is needed.

jolly

All of the above plus you mention the car display : has it been reset recently ? If it has and the car was driven in city traffic, the data might reflect just this short period of time and would gradually go to normal.

thanks to all my friends

i monitored my car ODO meter and start to write down my refueling.

i burn 111.86 ltrs and she gave me 1073KM means 9.59 KM for 1 liter only even its 2014 model and driven on 46000KM

i visited local Toyota service Center they said its normal but i feel its not normal

also one of my friend suggest me change the spark plugs he checked and said one spark plug is not working well

please suggest me