Very High RPM At Start & Some Other Issues

Hi,

1- My 2003 Toyota Corolla goes to 2500 rpm when I start the car. It used to be around 1500 before at start. Now with 2500 it is very noisy. It takes it abnormally long (7-8 minutes) to come back to normal rpm which is 400-500 and still it stays around 500-600 whereas around 350 it is more smooth.

2- Car jerks when I turn on heating. Sometimes the jerk is felt when I am on a traffic signal with my foot on the break (waiting for green light).

3- The car pick up (acceleration rate) is not as quick/good as it was earlier. I feel that engine makes more noise than it increases the speed as compared to good old days.

Any suggestions/ advice?

Hi All,
I am newly registered member of this forum, but I have my Toyota corolla, 1996 model wide body since 1997,
Only at this time that I am having trouble with my servo control, very acceleration and sometime it's fluctuating at the range of 1600-1800RPM.
Any comment on what should I do?
Thanks,
Ed

Hi,

1- My 2003 Toyota Corolla goes to 2500 rpm when I start the car. It used to be around 1500 before at start. Now with 2500 it is very noisy. It takes it abnormally long (7-8 minutes) to come back to normal rpm which is 400-500 and still it stays around 500-600 whereas around 350 it is more smooth.

2- Car jerks when I turn on heating. Sometimes the jerk is felt when I am on a traffic signal with my foot on the break (waiting for green light).

3- The car pick up (acceleration rate) is not as quick/good as it was earlier. I feel that engine makes more noise than it increases the speed as compared to good old days.

Any suggestions/ advice?
1. 350 is a really low idle. I would say check the tachometer but since the sounds match this, I would say it MIGHT be a bad idle-air control solenoid or a severe EGR leak. If you have a DTC, scan it and see what it is, if not, then check the lower intake manifold where the EGR and IAC are mounted for cracks/leaks. Sometimes these things won't throw codes until they get REALLY bad.

2. Sounds like a bad ground? Almost like the blower motor coming on draws power from the ignition system which causes the engine to fight staying alive. Other things to check would be your battery and the battery cables.

3. If it has been a while since you have done a full tune-up, do that, and go from there.

Hi All,
I am newly registered member of this forum, but I have my Toyota corolla, 1996 model wide body since 1997,
Only at this time that I am having trouble with my servo control, very acceleration and sometime it's fluctuating at the range of 1600-1800RPM.
Any comment on what should I do?
Thanks,
Ed
Servo control? Do you mean Idle Air Control Solenoid?

And very acceleration? What do you mean? Not using the term correctly.