Vibration

1 year back when I got this corolla 5A crystal light, it had vibration,I checked the mounts were finished, I drove it for 19000km and thought if changing the mounts, I chaneged almost all mounts but the vibration doesn't seem to go, just recently I changed the driver side mount, now the vibration stopped for a while in D,R and as I was turning the steering it started again, and now sometimes it vibrates when in N also.. Please tell me what can be the reason to this? The engine is perfect but this really desturbing at times.

look at every component in your suspension system for wear. shinny metal, worn parts or loose parts. Then replace those parts. If you need help diagnosing the problem take your car to a mechanic. Give them a few bucks to look at it. They will likely find the problem quickly. Replacing suspension parts is not very difficult.

Only when. Its in drive or Reverse gear with breaks on....suspensions are okay, I'm guessing the rear mount isn't strong, please need more advise

Dean

I also have the same problem with my corrolla sprinter xe vintage AE110 1999 engine 5A . It was scrapped by some guys at night and the following parts where removed.
1. Battery
2. Distributer
3. Alternator
4. HT Cables
5. Spark Plugs

So I just replaced these and upon receiving it from the garage i felt the vibration especialy from the steering wheel when i am stationery at a robot controled intersection or at a stop sign with the brakes on and the DRIVE GEAR, once i release the brakes and start accelerating it won't vibrate anymore.
I went to another mechanic and he advised the engine mounting has worn up so i explained to him that before it was ripped off it never used to do that and he took a look at the HT leads and advised they were new but not too good and he also advised me to change them. The vibrations are annoying,anyone with a clue?
Please Help

My 1998 1.8L has a plastic or nylon chatter sound at the front (belt area) of the engine. It makes the sound as soon as you give a little gas, or turn on the AC at idle. It goes away when the engine rev is stabilized above 1500. I cannot tell if it is the serpentine belt or the timing chain tensioner. Has anyone seen this type of issue.