VIDEO - A Memorial Day Tribute - Very Powerful!

For Memorial Day this is very fitting. This is one of the most powerful videos I've ever seen in my life. God bless them all!

For those of you that may be unfamiliar with the staggering numbers of people who died for all of us, so we could be free, this six minute video will be an eye opener for you. When we ponder these brave young men and women who died for us, it seems to me that someone giving their life for us is about as personal as it gets. This video may bring tears to your eyes. I know it does that to me.

There were hundreds of thousands of them, the vast majority very young men, if not kids. They'd never had a wife or children, a girlfriend or even owned a car or a house. Their lives had just begun. They never saw their parents again, or brothers, sisters, cousins and life long friends. A large percentage of them volunteered to go, because even as young as they were, they knew a great evil had to be defeated, no matter what the cost. They did what they knew was right and they gave their very lives in that cause. They didn't make the ultimate sacrifice just for their own country, but for England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain...all of Europe...and more...Australia, the Philippines, Canada, Greenland, Iceland...*for all of us*...the entire free world...they gave their very lives, for us. We didn't even know them, yet they gave their lives for us so we could be free, so we could look up at the heavens at night in wonder...to feel the wind in our hair...to live! Have we honored them and their incredible sacrifice? As Private Ryan in the movie Saving Private Ryan asked of his wife, "Have I lived a good life?". We must try to, in order to honor these brave, fallen young men. As we watch the video, be very conscious that under each cross, each star of David, is a young man who gave their very lives for us. What did their country ask for in return for these brave young men dying for us all, liberating nation after nation from a horrendous evil the world had never seen before or since? Merely a place to bury them. Nothing more. We owe them a debt we can never fully repay, so the least we can do is to honor them and what they did for all of us. Rest in peace brave soldiers.

Last edited by a moderator: