Wanted to Share My Tint

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
Just got this done yesterday. Think it looks cool. Not sure how dark it is, I said said dark BUT within the legal limit in WA State, don't want any hassles. He did filed edges too. 3M tint.

Also wanted to show the VVT-i badge- Ebay for about $4ish and the door striker covers, also about $4ish.

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
Looks good! but I don't understand the last image, am I missing something? What do those plastic covers do?
They don't do anything, just for looks. Supoosedly a more "finished" look. I figured for about $4 I'd give it a try. Not overly impressed with them, but what else can you do to your car for 4 bucks?

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
This helps protect police officers from dirt-bag criminals shooting and killing them.
That is the THEORY ...

Now, personally, even if I have light tint on the windows, I am probably going to roll the window all the way down and keep my hands in plain site if I get pulled over.

But playing devil's advocate - if I were going to shoot a police officer, I think I am more likely to have the window down and a gun in the door pocket that I can bring up quickly than I am to try to hope the officer can't see through the rolled up window and shoot through the glass - which means I need to ditch the car afterward, or find/steal a new window and replace and re-tint it.

In reality - police typically don't like tint on any of the windows because it limits their ability to see how many people are in the car and what they are doing. I can't say I blame them for that ...

As a retired cop, I can say that tint is a concern, but primarily, tint levels are regulated so that the driver is able to have a clear view of his surroundings while navigating the roadways. With even a moderate tint it can be difficult to see out the side windows in a lower light scenario. I have a large number of bicycles in my neighborhood, and I have to look really hard in the morning and evening hours to make sure I don't collide with one.:eek:

Mike

Looks great! Got mine done the day after I got it from the dealer. I'll have to look at the paperwork to see what it was I got, I just had them look up what I did to my Rav4 and replicate it.

Tinted my window very recent.

tinted my window this past Sunday!.

Did you get Non-Reflective Smoke Plus OR Non-Reflective Charcoal OR any other type?

I got Solar Guard NR Charcoal (Premium Grade) .. 23% front and 17% back.. I am extremely happy with the results! (http://audioheaven.ca/) for those in GTA.

Ref: http://www.solargard.com/window-films/automotive/auto-films/nr-charcoal

I paid $274 (taxes included) I am very happy with the results !! Jeffrey (tint guy) did an amazing job. Their company is top notch and is such a nice environment. I recommend anyone from GTA to go there.

25%, if I could do it again I would do 30%, but oh well, still love my tunt as is.

I found 35% being so CLEAR! That is the suppose legal limit in Toronto . I had to go a bit lower 23% :)

There isn't a % legal limit as long as you can see the driver/passenger and you can. The NR Charcoil is a very good quality tint. I am very happy with my tint.

I'll post it this weekend after a car wash / clay / wax :)

tinted my window this past Sunday!.

Did you get Non-Reflective Smoke Plus OR Non-Reflective Charcoal OR any other type?

I got Solar Guard NR Charcoal (Premium Grade) .. 23% front and 17% back.. I am extremely happy with the results! (http://audioheaven.ca/) for those in GTA.

Ref: http://www.solargard.com/window-films/automotive/auto-films/nr-charcoal

I paid $274 (taxes included) I am very happy with the results !! Jeffrey (tint guy) did an amazing job. Their company is top notch and is such a nice environment. I recommend anyone from GTA to go there.

There isn't a % legal limit as long as you can see the driver/passenger and you can. The NR Charcoil is a very good quality tint. I am very happy with my tint.
Be certain to verify that - I find it hard to believe they would write the actual law this way.

You can see the driver/passenger through limo tint on all the windows including the windshield, if ambient light is low, there is some light inside the car and you are shining a bright enough flashlight at the window ...

According to the HTA S 73(3): - "no person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle on which the surface of the windshield or any of the windows to the direct left or right of the driver's seat has been coated with any coloured spray, or other coloured or reflective material that substantially obscures the interior of the vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle."

VAGUE! I can see clearly through out the side / back no problem. My views are very clear even at night.

Be certain to verify that - I find it hard to believe they would write the actual law this way.

You can see the driver/passenger through limo tint on all the windows including the windshield, if ambient light is low, there is some light inside the car and you are shining a bright enough flashlight at the window ...

According to the HTA S 73(3): - "no person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle on which the surface of the windshield or any of the windows to the direct left or right of the driver's seat has been coated with any coloured spray, or other coloured or reflective material that substantially obscures the interior of the vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle."
Wow - we have too many lawyers in the USA who would be all over that. Just how dark can it be before it "substantially obscures the interior".

http://www.iwfa.com/Portals/0/PDFDocs/Law_Charts/US State Window Tinting Law Chart.pdf

In the USA, we have a mixture of state laws, but as far as I know all of them specify a % visible light transmission rating which an officer can check with a meter before issuing a warning/ticket.

VAGUE! I can see clearly through out the side / back no problem. My views are very clear even at night.
Missing the point and the law. With most tint (other than say 5% limo black), seeing OUT is no problem, it is seeing IN.