Weird sounds coming from my 2016 Toyota Corolla S

Is it the tans or something else

• Trans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi everyone, I own a 2016 Toyota Corolla S... There is a problem...

A couple of things have happened over the past month or so. The first thing you have to be aware of is I that I just installed the K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake to my car and I have been running it for a couple of weeks now. As for the problem, a couple of weeks ago, maybe like two, I noticed a weird sound coming from my engine bay that sounded like a screech or rubbing type sound. I did some tests and this sound only occurs when I let off the gas, only happens when I am in motion too. my first thought was maybe I messed something up with my throttle body when putting in the intake. I did more tests and the sound also happens when I shift from Neutral to Drive or vise-versa, but very rarely when shifting to reverse. I began to think it was something in my trans, so I took it to Toyota. They basically told me they could barely hear it and couldn't pinpoint the sound to anything even though the sound was pretty loud and noticeable to me. Not really sure what to think now, if anyone knows anything please help! IT'S BUGGING ME SO MUCH... lol

Thanks

I've heard these cars don't like aftermarket intakes. Messes with the way the car runs or. Something, just toss back on the old one and see how it behaves for a week or so.