What Wheel Size?

So, I just ordered tein s tech lowering springs and I'm shopping around for wheels now. I'm not sure whether to get 17x8.75-9.75 or 18x8.75-9.75

Friends are telling me that 17s are enough and others are saying I should go with 18s. Same goes for the width. I need help.

The bigger the wheel, the worse the ride, the more energy from road impacts is sent to all the suspension components and also the wheel itself, increasing the likelihood of a bent wheel. Also, the bigger the wheel, the more weight, reducing the vehicles acceleration, handling and fuel economy. Then there's the speedometer accuracy issue.

part of what ^^^^^^ said is true. OK, first off wheel sizes come in 1/2" increments in the US. such as 17x7, 17x7.5, 17x8 etc....the larger the wheel, the smaller the tire's sidewall to compensate for the larger wheel increase to maintain a speedos sense of the speed. Not all larger wheels are heavier,reducing the vehicles acceleration, handling and fuel economy. There are a literally a ton of wheels to choose from and some sites even use a wheels weight as a way of searching for a wheel that you would like. I personally am switching to a 16 x 8 rim using the factory tire size so that there is some stretch to the tire allowing for more sidewall "give" and to allow for more suspension drop w/o rubbing issues. You have to figure what your objective is and whether you can handle the consequences. the smaller the sidewall, the harsher your ride will be. If you are ok w/ that why stop @ 18's. I'd like to see a corolla tucking 20"s.

Wheel question

I'm cool with the ride comfort. I just want my corolla to have a beefy stance when I lower it and add the roof rack. I'll post pics but I just wanted to know if it would actually work and if I needed to do fender work for the rear if I used a 9 inch width wheel