Wheel Chock

It couldn't hurt. Anything you can use to prevent the car from rolling if it slips out of gear could save your life. Whichever end of the car I raise, I chock both wheels, (on both sides of the wheel/tire), on the other end of the car. I always use at least two jackstands to hold the car in the air, if not another, as well. When your car is jacked up into the air, that's an awful lot of weight being suspended over you. Be as safe as you can be. :thumbsup::yes:

What kind of wheel chock do you guys use? I could not find any at a reasonable price. Dont want a plastic chock. Will useing a wood block and the tire work the same way? OR I really do need to buy a wheel chock? OR if their is a DYI guide.

When not using an official wheel chock, I will use whatever will do a good job of holding the tire in place in case the car were to slip out of gear. With that, the parking brake set and the car in Park there are three methods being used all at once so the car wont slip out of gear, slide off the jackstands and land on top of you! :blink::thumbsup:

Unfortunately, a fireman I know of wasn't so careful and the car he was working on at the fire station slipped out of gear as he was under the car and it landed on top of him. He wasn't killed, but he's almost completely incapacitated and will spend the rest of his life in a nursing home receiving 24 hour care. :(

any specific wheel chock you guys can recommend for using on a corolla and sienna? For this time I am doing brake cleaning. So I am more concern for the safety of the car then me.