Wheel Spacers

Erc17

Hey y’all, I’m thinking about getting wheel spacers because of corollas’ tires/wheels basically hiding under the body, or thicker tires. Opinions? Comments?

I'm wondering what size of wheel/tire combo you can stuff in there with TRD springs without stretching; I'm guessing 18x8 wheels at least, but what tire size

If you keep the stock S wheels, you could do a 25mm in the rear and a 15mm in the front. When I was stock that's what I did. You need to make sure they are hubcentric with pressed studs or else you will have terrible vibrations. Pressed studs are a must as the stock wheel studs aren't long enough.

If you keep the stock S wheels, you could do a 25mm in the rear and a 15mm in the front. When I was stock that's what I did. You need to make sure they are hubcentric with pressed studs or else you will have terrible vibrations. Pressed studs are a must as the stock wheel studs aren't long enough.

did you do that that after lowering the car on the stock 17's or did you just have the spacers on stock height? and do you currently still use them on your set-up? sorry for the questions but i am kinda following your route with my corolla xD

Erc17

did you do that that after lowering the car on the stock 17's or did you just have the spacers on stock height? and do you currently still use them on your set-up? sorry for the questions but i am kinda following your route with my corolla xD
Exactly. It’ll look so much nicer lowered and the wheels out more.

When I did that I had the 2" Drop Springs from Megan Racing. If you go look at my instagram 2k16rolla_s , a ways down you will find pictures of my car with black stock wheels and 25mm spacers in the rear. Now I have BC Racing Coilovers and wheels are 18x9.75 +20 offset. No spacers now, just a big offset.
*EDIT* This is a link from my instagram with the photo: http://instagr.am/p/BNQYRokgeQv/

JoshTRD

that answers my questions! got it....yea that wouldn't work for me, i would have to stretch the tires or roll the fenders with how low my car is xD....thanks tho!!

I'm wondering what size of wheel/tire combo you can stuff in there with TRD springs without stretching; I'm guessing 18x8 wheels at least, but what tire size
With TRD springs, I’m running 18x8.5-35mm with 225/45/18 tires and no spacers. If I upgrade, I’m going with 19x9.5-30mm offset with 255/40/19’s?
This is probably the max that the wheel well can handle without further modifications.
Disclaimer: I don’t know this for sure, I base this on how much room I still have with my current setup.
This will bring the wheels flush with the body and fill the well opening, still allowing for full turn radius. I think anything larger and your getting into fender rolling and tire stretching.
Of course all this will be different if you switch to coilovers or bag it.

When I did that I had the 2" Drop Springs from Megan Racing. If you go look at my instagram 2k16rolla_s , a ways down you will find pictures of my car with black stock wheels and 25mm spacers in the rear. Now I have BC Racing Coilovers and wheels are 18x9.75 +20 offset. No spacers now, just a big offset.
*EDIT* This is a link from my instagram with the photo: http://instagr.am/p/BNQYRokgeQv/
Ok, so you can go larger than what I just posted. Do your front tires rub in turns?
Following BTW, I see your tires are also stretched.

Ok, so you can go larger than what I just posted. Do your front tires rub in turns?
Following BTW, I see your tires are also stretched.
I only rub when I hit dips or bumps in the road. I had to roll the fenders and cut out a chunk of the front fender liner but now its fine.

When I measured min 2017 XSE, these are these are the same measurements I came up with if I were to add spacers. The photo you posted shows a nice end result.

What brand spacers did you use with the stock 17" wheels?

View attachment 3429 This might be what I go for next.
You'd need modifications on your wheel well to run that size and offset.
If the goal is most wheel poke without rubbing on the wheel wells, you can use a baseline offset of +30mm using 235/40/R18 tires on 18x8 wheels. Any lower and you risk tire rubbing during dips. As you increase tire width, you want to increase offset by half of the increase in tire width to maintain fender clearance. Stretching your tires by using wider wheels may afford you an additional 1 or 2mm lower offset but ymmv.

Try and play around with sizes and offsets on these sites.
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp?item=Wheel-Tire size comparer&sw1=205&ar1=55&bd1=16&rw1=6.5&et1=50&sw2=225&ar2=40&bd2=18&rw2=8.0&et2=48&text1=VW Sedona&text2=Audi A6 2006
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/