Which corolla do you suggest?

Av8r

Hello, I have been a honda civic owner for about 10 years, but am looking to switch to a corolla. I have been struggling to decide which one to buy. My budget is $11,000 so I am not able to buy a new one. All I care about is cruise control and radio. I am ok with a manual. What year range should I be looking for? Do you suggest a CVT or not? I have heard there is more maintenance involved with a CVT and I would prefer little maintenance except the normal brakes, oil change, tires etc.
Any help is appreciated,

Anyone selling in wisconsin?

Hello, I have been a honda civic owner for about 10 years, but am looking to switch to a corolla. I have been struggling to decide which one to buy. My budget is $11,000 so I am not able to buy a new one. All I care about is cruise control and radio. I am ok with a manual. What year range should I be looking for? Do you suggest a CVT or not? I have heard there is more maintenance involved with a CVT and I would prefer little maintenance except the normal brakes, oil change, tires etc.
Any help is appreciated,

Anyone selling in wisconsin?
According to Consumer Reports, here are good choices for used Toyota Corolla

Under $10,000:
Toyota Corolla 2007-2011

Under $15,000:
Toyota Corolla 2012-2014

So you can probably get a 2012 Corolla in your price range. I used to owned Civics, and I would go back to it any time!

Its a matter of Choice, how much can you afford
Toyotas run forever if you really do the TLC thing, yes any car that you TLC, will last
but there some cars that WILL brake down before there fully paid for !

If you can get your hands on a clean 1st Gen 03-06 Matrix XRS or 9th Gen 05-06 Corolla XRS or 10th Gen 09 – 11 Corolla XRS you are good to go!

I wish stupid Toyota would still continue their XRS line up

Av8r,

The mainstream LE model will be the most widely available in the used car market, as the LE is the model that Toyota pushes the hardest and offers the deep lease and finance incentives on.

As for the CVT requiring more maintenance, I would say that's a rumor or urban car owner legend. The CVT actually requires less maintenance, however, you cannot pull a trailer with a CVT equipped Corolla. Some folks do, but the owner's manual clearly warns against doing so.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you end up buying.