Who the hell...

koby

Damn, I was hoping this car would be significantly easier to do than my maxima. That car you had to take the whole upper intake manifold off to get to it.

PCV valve on a 1zz-fe is a dream job.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com

Yeah ... it's insane. That was the video I actually watched to figure out where the hell it was after 20 minutes of looking. My girl hit 30,000 miles so I wanted to get it changed out.

Tried to see if I could get to it from underneath the car, and no dice. Manifold has to be removed.

Unlike that guy though, I'll most likely unbolt the throttle body from the manifold (so I don't have to drain the coolant nor worry about flexing the lines too much).

I'm curious if Toyota increased the interval considering that it is positioned in a manner where, theoretically, it should suck up less oil and crud that will cause it to fail in the first place.

Kev250R

This is my other car
Sadly this seems to be a trend. The PCV on the V6 in my '98 Isuzu Amigo is also under the intake manifold. Mine got changed last spring when I had the heads off of it. Pretty sure it had never been changed before. I'm not planning on changing the one on my Corolla anytime soon.

Kevin