Will the 2013 factory radio swap out for the 2010

Kawi

Like alot of other 2010-2012 factory radio, mine is starting to act up. On cool mornings the display doesn't work. I get weird letters, hitting a present station will cut the radio off, I can change the station but the numbers doesn't change. I looked it up and it seems to be a very common problem with my head unit. Does any one know if the touch screen style in the 2013 will fit directly into the 2010. Just from looking at the dash/radio, they look exactly the same size.

As far as fitting, I would think it would. I'm sure the mounting points were not changed. You would need the trim around the radio as well. Now as far as plug and play? that I can't answer as I am no audiophile. I guess if all the plugs in the back are the same then it should work but you might have to re-arrange the wires within the plugs or maybe there is an adapter that can be used if plugs do not match. It is the same gen car and I don't think Toyota would have gone through the expense of redoing all the radio plugs just for the last two years of production, but again I am not an expert.