Window Vent Visor Install

What's up Rollas!

So I had some new questions(obviously) specifically about the vent visors with my new Rolla. I never had them before on my previous cars.

I noticed that there were in channel versions and ones that just adhered to the top of the door frame along te existing black trim pieces. I knew non on channel was for me but I kept seeing some different versions out there. Some looked funky on the body design, some had this huge gap where the front door and the back door usually meet.

This is the Clover brand smoked version and I'm happy with the design. It's only $45 but who wants to go through the hassle of an online return if you don't have to right?

Anyway, here are some fitment pics and views from the driver seat once installed, in case you're like me and were wondering.

Link to eBay seller - https://www.ebay.com/itm/181404555135

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Those actually look good. Nice and flush to the door. Very clean look but how's the wind noise with them? I'm curious how it compares with weather tech in the rain while driving with the window slightly open? I have the weather tech visors. They are okay in the rain. Sometimes get a drop here and there while driving.

I'll update when we get another storm. It rained yesterday but these were delivered and installed today. I went for a quick drive and I do notice that the noise is decently reduced. At least enough for me to notice. I liked the weather tech ones but I hate when manufacturers want to brand everything. Sometimes it takes alway from the aesthetics IMO. I think that's why I liked these.

Did you replace the 3m tape for a stronger one? I bought same ones a year and a half ago and they still are just fine but i went through the car wash one day and the weak tape came off.

TheFuzz brings up a good point for anyone who reads this. The factory adhesive they send on the product is shabby. 3M adhesive is recommended and is pretty cheap.

I replaced small sections with this stuff. I would advise to grab 2 of these or find a longer amount in one package. This one seems to be recommended by 3M for use in automobile applications.

3M (38582) 1/4" x 5' Exterior Attachment Tape https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JR4D70K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yfwmxbFXJJ8E9