With Hundreds of Deaths, Feds Launch Investigation of Tires

For some reason the article doesn't mention the brand name of the tires in question.

Cheap, poor performing tires can cost you your life, especially in inclement weather conditions or emergency situations, like a panic stop because of a deer running across the road, etc. There are huge differences in tire performance between the higher end tires and the low end, cheap tires.

With tires, this is something we buy for ourselves, not the car. Always buy the best possible tires you can afford. They are the last thing between you and the road. A good performing set of tires can literally save your life. :thumbup1:

I agree with you scott, around here where I live there's almost nothing but el cheapo tires. And the problem with this is when people are enclined to buy cheap tires they are also enclined to neglect them, so it doubles the danger to other drivers. I myself will only buy Michelin tires, they are safer, have less rolling resistance, and they last longer than any other tires that I've used. I rolled over a half million miles as a courier in my area and I have had a lot of opportunitys to test things on my car and a couple of trucks and I can tell you about thins I have tried including oil and gas, I'll go into these at a later time. As for tires, my mother always told me never buy tires that have GOOD or STONE in the name.

Bridgestone manufactures some of the highest quality and best performing tires in the world. B.F.Goodrich is owned and operated by Michelin. :thumbup1::)

Goodyear, well my opinion of them, based on many years of personal experiences, is not very high at all.

It's nice to know there are some of us that understand and appreciate the huge differences a good set of quality tires can make. Hats off to you! :thumbsup::)