Z Type Body Kit

Hey everyone, I already let everyone on ToyotaNation know this but here it is for ya'll.

Got in contact with a friend at Mapisa and it looks like they are going to start selling the new kits starting this weekend on eBay. He sent me over some pics of the kits installed on the car. I don't know if its the black on the red or what but that red rolla looks menacing>:D. I'll keep an update on eBay and I'll let you guys know when its up. I think I will spring for this soon myself.

Great looking kit, can you tell your friend to ship me my spoiler for it? They forgot it... I contacted them but they won't give me a clear answer

Hello DJAnnexAlpha
Did you buy the kit from Mapisa? I`m thinking about buying from this company and would like to know about your experience with them or if somebody else has dealt with them and would tell how everything fit and the quality of the pieces it would help me make a decision. I just bought a 2017 corolla 6 speed and I`m trying to get information before I buy.Thanks.
Toyo2017

Hello DJAnnexAlpha
Did you buy the kit from Mapisa? I`m thinking about buying from this company and would like to know about your experience with them or if somebody else has dealt with them and would tell how everything fit and the quality of the pieces it would help me make a decision. I just bought a 2017 corolla 6 speed and I`m trying to get information before I buy.Thanks.
Toyo2017
No, I haven't had a chance to buy the kit. I am going on a more custom route. But! I did meet them when they first opened shop here in South Florida. I took pics with my corolla next to theirs and we chatted for a couple of hours. It was a good time and they seem like good guys as well. They do speak spanish and a bit of english. So, if you don't then communication might be a bit tough if you want to start asking them a bunch of questions.

Hello DJAnnexAlpha
Thanks for replying so fast I appreciate it. I will have no problem, I`m fluent in spanish but that said I realize that different contries have different words for the same thing. I learned that when I married a beautiful woman from Venezuela. I just wanted to know about durability since the Z spoiler is held in place with two screws and 3M double sided tape. The factory corolla spoiler is held in place with four screws and is not at the angle the Z spoiler is. In the picture you posted of rear of the red car you can see a rows of screws below the spoiler in the trunk lid that left me wondering. Also I have searched ebay and have not seen Mapisa products selling there. I wonder how much the Z spoiler weights.

Hello pvmiller
Did you get the Z type spoiler? Are you happy with the quality of the parts in the kit? I want to buy just the Z spoiler but the kit looks real nice in their pictures. My only concern is the attachment durability of the spoiler with only two screws and 3m doble sided tape.
Toyo 2017

It took over a month after the kit shipped to get my spoiler and that was only because I had to basically harass them for it

Yeah I want to get the Type Z spoiler separately, without the rest of the kit. I'm honestly not too crazy about the ground effects. The Type Z kit is definitely the best out there for our cars but I still think it looks cheesy tbh. Anyway, what's the best way to buy it from them? It doesn't sound like they're very good with customer service.

Yeah I want to get the Type Z spoiler separately, without the rest of the kit. I'm honestly not too crazy about the ground effects. The Type Z kit is definitely the best out there for our cars but I still think it looks cheesy tbh. Anyway, what's the best way to buy it from them? It doesn't sound like they're very good with customer service.
I was looking at the Mapisa site yesterday, & you can get the spoiler separate from the rest of the kit. I actually like the RS spoiler myself, as well as the RS badge that comes with the kit. :p I'm sure if you do some searching, you can find the parts elsewhere. ;)

Hello pvmiller
Did you get the Z type spoiler? Are you happy with the quality of the parts in the kit? I want to buy just the Z spoiler but the kit looks real nice in their pictures. My only concern is the attachment durability of the spoiler with only two screws and 3m doble sided tape.
Toyo 2017
I've had my spoiler on for nearly 2 years now. No problems at all, it's still holding on as strong as day 1.

Hello pvmiller
Toyo 2017
It's a great spoiler it looks great. It was smaller than I expected. It is as long as the bumper. It is a bit heavy for the trunk. When you open the trunk it won't open all the way like it would normally. It only pops open and I was a little disappointed in it. The wing stays on great I had to get longer bolts though. It comes with predrilled holes that are threaded but you have to drill your own holes and it is annoying. It took my 5 hours to do mine because taking off the S spoiler then drilling the holes sucked. I ended up getting one of the blots they gave me stuck in the trunk and it took a while to get it out. What I recommend is to make the holes that are on he outside of the trunk smaller than the head of the bolt but make the ones on the inside of the trunk big enough for a washer and bolt to fit in. It makes things a lot easier trust me. Also what helps is to tape out where you will drill. If you have an S the spoiler is terrible to get off I can explain more on that. I hope this helps

Hello PVrmiller
I have seen the video they have in you tube about the installation of the Z spoiler and they only show two holes for the screws holding the spoiler That was the reason I was worried. How many screws are holding your spoiler? I had asked about the weight of the spoiler and didn`t get any answer. I looked at the wire springs in the trunk in my car and they are not adjustable. I would really appreciate it if you post a picture of where you drilled the holes in your trunk. I haven`t bought the spoiler because I want to be sure that I know as much as posible before buying. Thanks for posting you are a great help.
Toyo2017

It's a great spoiler it looks great. It was smaller than I expected. It is as long as the bumper. It is a bit heavy for the trunk. When you open the trunk it won't open all the way like it would normally. It only pops open and I was a little disappointed in it. The wing stays on great I had to get longer bolts though. It comes with predrilled holes that are threaded but you have to drill your own holes and it is annoying. It took my 5 hours to do mine because taking off the S spoiler then drilling the holes sucked. I ended up getting one of the blots they gave me stuck in the trunk and it took a while to get it out. What I recommend is to make the holes that are on he outside of the trunk smaller than the head of the bolt but make the ones on the inside of the trunk big enough for a washer and bolt to fit in. It makes things a lot easier trust me. Also what helps is to tape out where you will drill. If you have an S the spoiler is terrible to get off I can explain more on that. I hope this helps

Interesting. Smaller than expected? Could you perhaps post some photos here for us to see? Yeah we've all seen the Mapisa photos but how about some closeups and unusual angles? All of their photos are same angles and far away. I'm trying to decide whether to get the Z spoiler or not too. I can't decide!! Thanks!

I had the RS kit on my car for about a year...it fits ok on the car but the fiberglass quality is poor the gel coat they use is pretty thin and easy to crack if your not careful