2018 Corolla Burning Smell and Smoke From Underneath Car

Not sure what the problem is, but I smell burning and I saw white smoke underneath my car. I had my oil changed 3,000 miles ago, but yesterday is when I noticed the smell. Any idea of what could be causing this problem? Would something related to my power steerning pump cause this? My car feels like it has a bump on the tire, but I put new tires on it because of this issue. After installing new tires the problem is there. Ive had it service and they couldnt find anything. No alignment or tire balance needed. I have also notice that I have no oil stains on my driveway. Maybe something is leaking and burning off. Not sure, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

This seems odd. You have smoke and an odor, but nobody can locate the source? When you see the smoke, crawl up underneath there and take a look. What does the odor smell like (oil, coolant, plastic, etc. )? This may give you a clue.

This seems odd. You have smoke and an odor, but nobody can locate the source? When you see the smoke, crawl up underneath there and take a look. What does the odor smell like (oil, coolant, plastic, etc. )? This may give you a clue.
Thanks for replying to my message. I took it to the dealership and they said it was a plastic bag caught on my catalytic converter. I thought it was something serious because I saw white smoke from underneath the car.. Still not sure what is causing the thumping noise and feeling like I have a bump on my tire.

mahewd

There are a lot of reasons behind white smoke. It may cause because of-
  • internal coolant leak
  • cracked cylinder head
  • faulty fuel injector
  • faulty piston
  • broken fuel pumping injection
To know more about it, and the solution in detail, you can read this blog.

delrey

As for your tire 'thumping', make sure you don't have a rock stuck in the treads. Also, if you just got the tires installed, go back to the installer and have them check it out. Could be a defective tire. Most of the time I hear noises from new(ish) tires, it's usually a rock. Keeping a car aligned and rotating the tires normally will keep tire noise down as they age.