Change the Blinks!

XEON

Now listen to this bull they can't find that setting no where all.

The dealer wanted me to show them what page is it at from MY MANUEL
so they can see it to..

They stated to me since the car came out no one ask to change the blinks
at all making me look like a crazy person. I told them it's even on your website but no can't do. IF I show them in the book then they will call
Toyota to find out how to do it!

WOW

Something so simple but yet so complicated:eek:

XEON

I'm looking in the manual now trying to find it so go back and they can do it or
go to another dealer to get it done!

Actually you should be able too change it on the touch screen setting. I don't have my car in front of me but when going into settings via the touch screen, you can change DRL settings, how long the headlights will stay on, how the doors lock with shifting out of park and also how many blinks you get when you tap the turn signal

Yeah I thought the 3 blinks encouraged me to change lanes too quickly. When I took my care in for the 5,000 mile "service/oil change". I asked the Toyota rep to change my # of blinks from 3 -> 5, he initially had no idea what that was (even after I demonstrated it for him) but was able to ask someone else at the dealership to change it for me free of charge. Jcurtis, I would definitely not take your services to the dealership that charged you the $25 bucks.

Actually you should be able too change it on the touch screen setting. I don't have my car in front of me but when going into settings via the touch screen, you can change DRL settings, how long the headlights will stay on, how the doors lock with shifting out of park and also how many blinks you get when you tap the turn signal
Actually you can only do that with the Entune Premium version of the radio. I have the Entune radio without navigation and the setting was not there.

Entune Premium does not have that setting as well. It was a typo in the 2014 Corolla manual that was fixed in the 2015 Corolla manual.

Dealer has to do it. I brought in my manual to show them and got it changed from 3 to 7. Had them do it on my 5,000 mile service and they didn't charge me.

They shouldn't charge you the first time you ask to change it. If they do, I'd go to another dealer.

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
I had them change mine from 3 to 7. That was way too many for me and got annoying and I asked them to change it back to 5 at another oil change. Much better and they never charged me.

ToyBoy

Got mine changed today from 3 to 7 blinks. I watched the Service Rep. do it . I was right there with her . She plugs a laptop into the plug in for the OBD2 under the dash. There is a whole list of settings that can be changed from doing this . We went down the list but this is the only thing she changed . No charge by the way. It was done right before they took it in for the 15k service. Jim