check engine light and trac off

Hello, just today my check engine light on my 2013 S stayed on along with the trac off light. Does anyone know what this can mean? I'm sure it has something to do with the traction control and I will check my fuses later today to start but I want to find out if this is an easy fix before taking to a mechanic to scan.

I did a search earlier but I guess I used the wrong words. I found a few other threads that seem to match this one and will check a few simple things out. Where can I find the EVAP canister?

This can be a variety of problems. Before taking things apart and replacing parts you need to have the engine codes read. Many auto parts stores will read the code for no charge.

You can buy the small code reader device compliant with OBD-II. you can then connect this with your mobile via blue-tooth or wifi and you can read the quote.

For your information there is no traction control on this economical vehicle.

Well, on the same day (Feb 29th) I made sure gas cap was on correctly and disconnected battery for a few minutes and the light cleared. so far it has stayed off. I did fuel up just recently when the light came on. If it comes back on I will have it read. Thanks for the feed back.

My car threw code #2195...which is the O2 sensor between engine and catalytic convertor. Ordered a replacement online for around $50. OBD2 reader wipes out the code for around a half hour, then lights pop on again(engine light & VSC Off) and runs unevenly, surging as you accelerate.