Couple cheap upgrades

So after getting snow wheels and tires I wanted to make my car different again. So I plasti-dipped some Camry hubcaps. 4 coats of lime green, 2 coats of blue Pearl, 2 coats of clear. Then a week later I installed a light bar behind my lower grill.

Attachments

thanks for the reply, do u have any links by chance? I found a h16 type 2 for the fogs but they wont ship to canada
Ship em to me and I'll send em to ya or you can get some lexus fog lights(they fit perfectly and they handle 55W instead of the poem 35W our roll's have)

So after getting snow wheels and tires I wanted to make my car different again. So I plasti-dipped some Camry hubcaps. 4 coats of lime green, 2 coats of blue Pearl, 2 coats of clear. Then a week later I installed a light bar behind my lower grill.
Nice, loving the light bar. Got some more close-up pics of how its installed?

Jimmy O

Love the light bar...... Can u give me some info on that....

Love the light bar...... Can u give me some info on that....
I was thinking about installing a light bar in the same place! I guess you beat me to it! Haha. Can you upload some pics of how much the bar lights up the road? Also can you post the amazon links?
Nice, loving the light bar. Got some more close-up pics of how its installed?
So It might not be the best light bar but it is CREE and super bright. And it's actually not a bad install. I actually just took off the splash shield and lined it up on the bumper support with the brackets and drilled holes. Then tapped the holes and mounted it. But figured I would go the extra and pulled my bumper off and fed bolts through the support. I had to customize the nuts a little but it turned out pretty good. I didn't think about taking pictures till I was already done.

Attachments

Last edited:
How difficult was the wiring part? Did you have to drill or use existing passage through firewall? Did you install interior on/off switch or using existing fog lights controls? I like the fact that it's hidden and no one can steal it etc... On the other hand looks like a paint in the a$$ to take the bumper off and everything. I would probably consider one with one row of lights and see if it's doable without taking bumper off.

How difficult was the wiring part? Did you have to drill or use existing passage through firewall? Did you install interior on/off switch or using existing fog lights controls? I like the fact that it's hidden and no one can steal it etc... On the other hand looks like a paint in the a$$ to take the bumper off and everything. I would probably consider one with one row of lights and see if it's doable without taking bumper off.
wiring wasn't bad, I ended up bringing the wire up where the horn is and behind the drivers headlight. Haven't completed the install of the relay and fuse but I have it wire tied. I went through the firewall where the main harness goes through and I mounted the switch on a kick panel. I'm pretty sure this light is illegal to have on because of how bright it is. And the bumper is easier to take off than the splash shields.

wiring wasn't bad, I ended up bringing the wire up where the horn is and behind the drivers headlight. Haven't completed the install of the relay and fuse but I have it wire tied. I went through the firewall where the main harness goes through and I mounted the switch on a kick panel. I'm pretty sure this light is illegal to have on because of how bright it is. And the bumper is easier to take off than the splash shields.

Attachments

I have those LED bulb's for my fog lights, I wrote a review for that on Amazon. They perfectly match the color of the Corolla headlight, instead of the cheap looking yellow incandescent OEM bulbs. They're really bright too. I don't know about anybody else who has these for their fogs, but mine have a really high and wide throw. I'm not complaining at all, its just how they are when I installed them. Get em, they're worth it.

W900L

Do not get caught driving with these lights on. Its around $50-$75 fine for each led in the bar. Learned this the hard way.

***sorry for the double post, dont know why it did this!

Do not get caught driving with these lights on. Its around $50-$75 fine for each led in the bar. Learned this the hard way.

***sorry for the double post, dont know why it did this!
Not illegal. You are allowed to have 5 driving lights. Which I usually just drive with the headlights and lightbar. I have actually talked to cops about it. They said it's low enough to not be a problem.

Looking at the link to Amazon for the fog lights, aren't they supposed to have some sort of "pusher", meaning a box that mounts with them? I'm seeing LED fogs some with this box and some without...

Have tried uploading pictures here already . Have been unsuccessful in every attempt. Being told they are "too large " Further research is showing me there is a latest LED light that does not have this box, or even a fan attached. So I guess they both work. Anyone recommend the most trusted sight for highest quality product?

Have tried uploading pictures here already . Have been unsuccessful in every attempt. Being told they are "too large " Further research is showing me there is a latest LED light that does not have this box, or even a fan attached. So I guess they both work. Anyone recommend the most trusted sight for highest quality product?
Oh you want legit LED conversion kit. I have not seen any but I also didn't want to pay more than $30. The bulbs I have are what a lot of members get because they match the color of our LED headlights.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Try uploading your photos to a photo sharing site like Flickr or Photobucket and then get the HTML link from there and post it in the Image tab in your post. That should work. For Flickr, you have to get the direct link from the photo.

If your trying to upload pictures before typing any text, this server will reject almost every attempt. Type first then try to add pics.

Oh you want legit LED conversion kit. I have not seen any but I also didn't want to pay more than $30. The bulbs I have are what a lot of members get because they match the color of our LED headlights.
AuerAutomotive.com has really nice LED fogs. Be warned, they are expensive! I have them on mine and they're awesome!!

Learned some good info today about LED lighting. Looks like Ill be passing on LED bulbs for now. As many know, and I learned, Corolla low beams are projector lenses so LED work well. Corolla fog lights are reflector housings and LED are reportedly far less efficient in these. So Ill either opt for replacing the entire fog light or passing on the bulb upgrade for now. But thanks to all who chimed in to lend aid :)

Learned some good info today about LED lighting. Looks like Ill be passing on LED bulbs for now. As many know, and I learned, Corolla low beams are projector lenses so LED work well. Corolla fog lights are reflector housings and LED are reportedly far less efficient in these. So Ill either opt for replacing the entire fog light or passing on the bulb upgrade for now. But thanks to all who chimed in to lend aid :)
Personally I noticed better light from the LED. But good luck on your search.

The only reason I went to LED is that I couldn't stand to see LED and incandescent together. Made the car look funny with two types of light. This of course started an LED revolution with me and I have installed LED's on three vehicles!
I agree wholeheartedly...low beam and fog together look out of sorts. And I will upgrade the fogs eventually...just want to do it without sacrifice of night vision, as I work nights and therefore drive at night.

I agree wholeheartedly...low beam and fog together look out of sorts. And I will upgrade the fogs eventually...just want to do it without sacrifice of night vision, as I work nights and therefore drive at night.
I noticed a better throw with the LED's, I also work nightshift.

Bunta

nice, well, i don't really like the color of the wheels, but everything else is phenomenal ! i like how you installed the led light bar, clever. i've seen other drivers have it installed on the outside and it looked funny. what did you use for the wheels though , ill probably do this on mines but in a different color.

nice, well, i don't really like the color of the wheels, but everything else is phenomenal ! i like how you installed the led light bar, clever. i've seen other drivers have it installed on the outside and it looked funny. what did you use for the wheels though , ill probably do this on mines but in a different color.
He's got some OE steel wheels, with plastidipped wheel covers.