Does anybody else hate the plastic on the doors?

I hate it, i understand is an economic car and i love my Corolla, but i just think they could have done a better job with the doors. Its has a little padding but i wish they padded the whole upper area. Why waste time on the dash? Nobody touches the dash it looks nice and all but its useless.

Yes, that is one of the complaints you read/hear about the Corolla (and some other cars).
I understand the point although I personally don't mind as I almost never put my elbow on the upper-door part : I'd rather have all parts of my body inside the car.
But I remember doing it more frequently in another car which had a too-low door armrest for me.

And in these good (?) old days (Datsun), the upper part was pure metal... Boy am I a survivor !
And the ceiling was pure cardboard. Now manufacturers pad those also (and the Corolla has some nice material there).
Not because we touch it, but partly for sound deadening and mostly for appearance. And appearance sells.

What was the most read/heard complaint again about previous gens Corolla interior ?
Oh, yeah... that the dash was hard plastic...

DTG

I just expect that now. Cushy interiors aren't part of relatively inexpensive cars.

I drive with my left hand, with my elbow perched on the door...and I have for 30 years. I've worn a spot down on all of my previous cars at that spot (and the 10 o'clock position on the steering wheel where my hand is).

On my 2014 Corolla and 2012 Sienna, I just took some rubber piping insulation and taped it on that spot. Problem solved...I don't really care how it looks. I found on both cars that now I'm older, the hard plastic starts to hurt my elbow on long drives.

I hate it, i understand is an economic car and i love my Corolla, but i just think they could have done a better job with the doors. Its has a little padding but i wish they padded the whole upper area. Why waste time on the dash? Nobody touches the dash it looks nice and all but its useless.