dust comin in

anyone else getting a fair amount of dust coming in from the mirror on the door.... its not from the heater vent but right above the door card and bellow the tweeter and triangle trim piece... happening on both doors... Happened on my 2014 S, and now on my 2017 xse.... i havent taken a door card off in a long long time but they used to have plastic between the door and card..... just wondering....

anyone else getting a fair amount of dust coming in from the mirror on the door.... its not from the heater vent but right above the door card and bellow the tweeter and triangle trim piece... happening on both doors... Happened on my 2014 S, and now on my 2017 xse.... i havent taken a door card off in a long long time but they used to have plastic between the door and card..... just wondering....
Haven't experienced this problem with my 16' LE and have had the car for over a year now with 32K miles..staying posted though fro any insights

Wow that’s odd, the only thing I could think of is loud music possibly pushing some dust out that has built up? Not really to sure how probable that is though.

Nope, not on mine.

They checked my cabin air filter thinking it was blowing out my defrosted and building up in the corner but the filter was pretty clean... I don't know if theres plastic barrier where that plastic trim is like between the door and door card... We put so much sand on the roads up here it's hard to tell if the roads are dirt or pavement.

So is this an S vs LE problem?
I have a 14 LE and don’t have this problem.
Are all the seals in tact? Are they clean? Is the mirror tight?

Also, I suggest this to everyone, clean the rubber seals regularly. You can use Mothers VLR, Mequires, Armorall, etc.
The idea is to keep the rubber pliable.

Yea gonna get nasty. 40mph-50mph wind and a few inches of snow. They haven't broke down the depth of snow yet . We put in a 16kwh generator this past summer, love it, we had a few storms knock out power for days. One storm knocked out power for a week.

Neil

Is the dust appearing only on the driver's side?

Is it possibly being blown out of the side window defrosting vents located on the dashboard? The pattern of dust deposits in the tweeter holes looks odd. On the other hand, if the tweeter membrane is torn or otherwise damaged, that might be allowing dust to be sucked into the cabin.

both sides, dust and when it rains i get moisture there also... waiting on Toyota tech from Boston to email me... the last few Toyota shops i been to have been scratching their heads....lol

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
If there is moisture there as well, I'd think the weather stripping on the door may be loose. There is also a water protector thing behind the door panel that usually blocks water that gets inbetween the door shell and glass from coming in. Maybe yours has a gap in it or it's torn (it's a plastic sheet that's glued onto the door frame). The only way you can find out is by taking off the interior door card and seeing for yourself.

If there is moisture there as well, I'd think the weather stripping on the door may be loose. There is also a water protector thing behind the door panel that usually blocks water that gets inbetween the door shell and glass from coming in. Maybe yours has a gap in it or it's torn (it's a plastic sheet that's glued onto the door frame). The only way you can find out is by taking off the interior door card and seeing for yourself.
I took it to Toyota and they tested all the seals and seemed fine they said, waiting to hear back from Toyota tech in Boston, I get moisture too... I mentioned the plastic and maybe none behind the mirror, when it warms up I'll tear it apart... We just got 18 inches of snow Thursday so it's a tad bit cold for my gimp ass to look.

I noticed alot of fine dust on the sides of my seats the other day and Toyota was still clueless as to why, so I said screw it and bought a k&n cabin air filter... I cleaned my car spotless today so let's see if this helps... This looks like it hasn't been changed for 38,000 miles which the Toyota tech said they did twice.... It had flyin insects and we've had six solid months of cold winter... Ain't no flyin bugs in this weather... IMAG2171.jpg IMAG2170.jpg

I haven't faced such an issue with my car, but rather with my dust collector in the house as my HVAC system is very old. Recently I have noticed that my HVAC system in the house is not working as it should. I think I might need to look at the duct and clean it up. Do you guys have any recommendations on what detergent is usually used for that? I think I will just stick with supremeductcleaning.com.au as I'm not sure I will be able to do it myself. I have heard some good things about them, so it will be a first attempt to trust a technician.