E brake light, ABS light, and Traction control light on

mus92

Hey All,

I have a 2014 corolla. One day randomly my e brake light came on(in red so it thinks it enganged, not orange saying its bad), ABS light, and Traction control light came on. I disconnected the battery and then re connected but the lights stayed on. I did an oil change and when I dropped the car down and started it, the lights went away but than after a bit came back on. I am thinking it is a sensor that might be loose or bad. If anyone else has had this issue and fixed it, if you could please let me know what you did. Or if someone could please point me in the direction of what might be causing it.

Thank You

jolly

my e brake light came on(in red so it thinks it enganged, not orange saying its bad
Not sure of your variant or country but in NA the brake light doesn’t change color (red to orange). If it comes on while driving it might be Parking brake engaged (if a bip sound is also heard).

If not it’s either low brakes fluid or a "major" system malfunction (sensors etc.). It’s then normal for Traction control to be deactivated as a precaution. Basic line is it’s not safe to drive the car until the issue is addressed. I would suggest to get a professional advice.

Hey All,

I have a 2014 corolla. One day randomly my e brake light came on(in red so it thinks it enganged, not orange saying its bad), ABS light, and Traction control light came on. I disconnected the battery and then re connected but the lights stayed on. I did an oil change and when I dropped the car down and started it, the lights went away but than after a bit came back on. I am thinking it is a sensor that might be loose or bad. If anyone else has had this issue and fixed it, if you could please let me know what you did. Or if someone could please point me in the direction of what might be causing it.

Thank You
Check your brake fluid level.