Hello

Hello Everyone, I'm Anthony C. I live in South Central, PA (Gettysburg Area) We live here for 27 years now. We have 5 Grandchildren, and one on the way to make it 6. My wife and I are native New Yorkers, we grew up in The Bronx. When I was a boy the neighborhood was so beautiful. I came from the Fordham section of The Bronx, my wife came from Wakefield section of (a very nice neighborhood) The Bronx. We miss our roots, and all the yesteryear stuff we use to do. But we do visit several times a year, we still have family there and in Connecticut. I'm a NY Yankee fan, and a NY Giant fan. Win or lose, I'm a fan. We are proud parents of two US MARINES! My two sons served in the USMC, they both left the same day. We found out what the empty nest syndrome is all about. So I say hello to everyone, I hope you'll have me. We can learn from one another. You know? Like show and tell.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbsup::)

You raised some great sons to have both of them join the Marines and serve all of us and our country! :)

I saw a lady in a grocery store who was talking to her friend about her son joining the Marines and going off to go fight the terrorists. She was all teary-eyed and worried. I respectfully interjected and said, "Mam, if I may, your son is a U.S. MARINE! It's the terrorists that are worried!" :)

She smiled, laughed and thanked me.

Have you visited the Gettysburg battlefield yet? I've been there three times. It's a very special place.

Thank you both gentlemen. You're right Scott about who should be worrying. I thought that was funny because it is so true. The Marines don't have those issues! Because of where I work, which I cannot say. I was able to serve OUR COUNTRY for 6 months in 2010. Before going across the pond as it's called. I never served, I had the chance to do so and I jumped on it.

Yes I have visited the battlefield several times. I get this awesome feeling when I'm there. It's just so sad as well we lost all those Americans over money when you boil right down to it! What a shame, this is part of our history.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Yes, I too have noticed that feeling you get when visiting the Gettysburg battlefield. That something very big and very important happened there, on that ground. I can sense it. As if the soldiers are still there and I guess in a way they are.

Here is a fantastic speech from the great movie Gettysburg, by the outstanding actor Jeff Daniels. This is well worth listening to. It's what our country is all about!

6 min.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! All of it is awesome! I could almost feel the feeling of all those men. I can't really explain it much better. That's what make us PATRIOTS!

Have you seen the movie Gettysburg yet? If not, it is a fantastic movie. One of the best I've ever seen and I highly recommend it. There are five actors that are paid, but everyone else you see in the movie is a volunteer re-enactor that took time off from their jobs to come and do this movie. So the movie was extremely well done.

Here is a scene from the battle of Little Round Top. If memory serves me correctly, Col.Chamberlain won the Medal of Honor for his actions at this battle. If it weren't for him and his bravery, the Confederates likely would have won the battle of Gettysburg, Washington was nearby and our world would be a very different place today if not for Col.Chamberlain. One man can make a difference in this world.:thumbsup:

5 min.

Here is an amazing video about a Confederate soldier that wrote a letter to Col.Chamberlain fifty years after the battle. Had Col.Chamberlain been shot and killed, the Confederates would have won that battle of Little Round Top and likely won the war. I do believe the hand of God protected him and this letter is evidence of that -

2 min.

Yes I have viewed the movie. It's been a good while since then. I do remember what I just viewed. It is a great movie, what's greater. Is I live 20 minutes from where it was made, it was very congested during the shooting of the movie. I didn't have it in me to go through traffic and congestion needed to view it from a long distance. There are enactments in my immediate area, and we do enjoy them. It was a rough life back then even if you weren't at war. But life was simple at the same time. I do know what its like to live without electricity, and no running water. Cut firewood all weekend to stay warm for the week, take baths in the old style gongs in the winter months. Bath in the crick during the warmer months. I know just what its like. I lived in the mountains 37 miles East of Binghamton, NY. In a small town called, Hancock, NY Went to Jr High there, and graduated in The Bronx. It was different, and I don't regret it. It was a very good experience that I reflect on every now and then. I really do enjoy the comforts of home today.