LED Map and Dome.

Does anybody know how to take the plastic thing of the map lights? I have a 2014 Corolla S with the sunroof, i watched a video on youtube but it was on a LE model. I got the dome one off but the map one i can't and i don't want to force it. Has anyone done it? If so plz explain how.

Hey. I changed mine and it was really easy. Use a flat head screw driver. Thin if possible. And wedge it in the bottom part of the map light which would be the part closest to the front wonder once you wedge in pop the plastic out it'll come out really easy and just repeat it on the other side. Link if it works

Hey. I changed mine and it was really easy. Use a flat head screw driver. Thin if possible. And wedge it in the bottom part of the map light which would be the part closest to the front wonder once you wedge in pop the plastic out it'll come out really easy and just repeat it on the other side. Link if it works
You know how to do the trunk by any chance?

You know how to do the trunk by any chance?
You have to remove the four lining plus on the inside of the trunk. Stick you hand and push the ligh socket out but pressing the clips on the side once the socket is out twost the socket and the light will pop out. I'll try and find the video I used

You have to remove the four lining plus on the inside of the trunk. Stick you hand and push the ligh socket out but pressing the clips on the side once the socket is out twost the socket and the light will pop out. I'll try and find the video I used
Thanks i did it last Friday. Now i have one left which is the one inside the trunk. Did you do that one? You know the bulb that lights up everytime you open the trunk. I tried but i had no luck. I saw a video but was on a 2008 corolla. Not sure if its the same process.

Thanks i did it last Friday. Now i have one left which is the one inside the trunk. Did you do that one? You know the bulb that lights up everytime you open the trunk. I tried but i had no luck. I saw a video but was on a 2008 corolla. Not sure if its the same process.
Sweet hope you like it. And no I have not done the trunk one but I want to as well. Lmk if you find anything. I'll check mine out tomorrow and if I find anything I'll let you know

There is a small tab on the front part of the"cage" that allows it to drop down. Even replacing the bulb with a multi-led bulb is nowhere near enough for the trunk. I ended up adding 2 3LED strips(good quality) and now the trunk is BRIGHT. 10 minute job

Attachments

There is a small tab on the front part of the"cage" that allows it to drop down. Even replacing the bulb with a multi-led bulb is nowhere near enough for the trunk. I ended up adding 2 3LED strips(good quality) and now the trunk is BRIGHT. 10 minute job
That's nice where did you run your wires too if you don't mind me asking

That's nice where did you run your wires too if you don't mind me asking
I cheated a bit, just ran them on the surface, I'll try to get a pic later. What I did was take the stock bulb, cut the "globe" part of the bulb off, soldered the led leads to the filament tabs on the bulb, and just popped it in place. The LEDs are surface mount with 3M tape and the wires are only about 6" long, you can't see anything unless you're inside the trunk, the "cage" for the bulbs snaps in place fine. I am REALLY trying not to touch the factory wiring, but you do have access to the bulb wires right there at the light.

Bcrewcaptain, nice mod. I did a similar on my mr2 dome. Ran 18in strip under each visor and dremeled a slit in backside of the plastic dome cover, snaked the wires in and cheated. I soldered them instead of modifying a festoon bulb. You can solve any car problem with a little ingenuity!