Making my S Plus a Premium

Gino

Hey guys!

New here and pretty un-knowledgeable on cars and never really had a passion for them, but maybe getting my Plus will change that! Getting my new Plus tomorrow and its my first new car so pretty excited! ended up going with the Plus for the price, but really wanted the push to start and Entune system that the Premium offers. Not real educated on cars so don't really know what I'm looking for. Checked out Crutchfield for the Entune system or similar and also looked into getting remote start kits. Obviously I cannot install push start in my car (correct me if I'm wrong lol) but I know i can get a remote start system. Do all those systems still require key start? And I'm sure you guys that are much more knowledgeable about this stuff will tell me how much trash the Entune system is. I mean, that's usually how forums go right? Trash stock and praise aftermarket.

But enough talking.... Any suggestions or tips on this, or anything about my new car would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have a S plus with a 6speed and with the push start and Entune premium. I thought everything from eco premium to the S premium came standard with the push start?

Gino

Nope :( 6speed gives u premium features, auto doesnt. I learned that when I disputed the information in the booklet because it didnt make sense to me at first

Yea it doesn't make any sense to me either I thought auto was considered premium. Well I think a aftermarket head unit would be better to get better sound quality n even get the same or even better features than a premium Entune system.

jolly

Manual S Plus ($21,500 msrp) = CVT S Plus with optional moonroof+ driver convenience package ($23,000 msrp)
I guess that's the way you pay for a CVT. And since so many more people go CVT than manual, that's where the money is for Toyota !

Gino

Yea it doesn't make any sense to me either I thought auto was considered premium. Well I think a aftermarket head unit would be better to get better sound quality n even get the same or even better features than a premium Entune system.
Ya i was bummed when I figured it out lol. Looking into head units I realized I can get something better.

Manual S Plus ($21,500 msrp) = CVT S Plus with optional moonroof+ driver convenience package ($23,000 msrp)
I guess that's the way you pay for a CVT. And since so many more people go CVT than manual, that's where the money is for Toyota !
Yup they know what they're doing lol. Oh well. I'm figuring out it was much more worth it to save a few grand going with a Plus.

You guys have any suggestions for remote starts and something that can act as a push to start where you can remote start without putting a key in when you get in?

I don't think there is any remote start kit that does not require the key. But you might wanna do your research, go to a shop and ask a pro. As far as the Entune i too thought about it but im happy with the Pioneer unit i installed. And plus i heard it has a ton of glitches, so i think you are better off with an aftermarket unit. And you have tons of choices to choose from.

I have the compustar remote start and security system and I had to give up my spare key as well. Not a big deal for me seeing that I am the only one in my family that drives my car lol.

The stock radio system is just horrible in sound quality. You certainly could not go worse.