New member, new car

I have been a Toyota guy since I could drive. Usually older cars, mostly 1980s stuff. My Winter car is a 1984 Tercel SR5 wagon that I love.
I just bought a 1999 Corolla CE with 83k. Drives nice, no rust. Pretty good deal. Needs tires, but great little car. Everything seems to check out, should be a great Summer driver for $1400.00.

My last Summer car was a 1991 Camry and I chased around some issues until I found out is was a Neutral Safety Switch. I learned quite a bit, but sold her off to buy this Corolla.

Our house has a 1984 Tercel 4x4 wagon, 1987 4Runner, 1999 Corolla, 2001 Camry LE, 2014 Camry, 2017 Sienna, 1980 Jeep CJ5 that I inherited from my Dad.
My neighbors hate us I am sure. We will never get robbed. It always looks like we are having a party.

I have been a Toyota guy since I could drive. Usually older cars, mostly 1980s stuff. My Winter car is a 1984 Tercel SR5 wagon that I love.
I just bought a 1999 Corolla CE with 83k. Drives nice, no rust. Pretty good deal. Needs tires, but great little car. Everything seems to check out, should be a great Summer driver for $1400.00.

My last Summer car was a 1991 Camry and I chased around some issues until I found out is was a Neutral Safety Switch. I learned quite a bit, but sold her off to buy this Corolla.

Not too shabby for $1400.00

I just got a 2000 CE with 98k from the original owners! I paid $500 but, it did end up having a wheel bearing issue which was replaced. Seems to be a common issue on the front. Now, I'm just waiting for my new LUK clutch kit and flywheel to be installed. Other than that, the clear is gone, no major body issues, and the interior has no rips. Just some coffee or, soda stains on the front seat.
This is my first Toyota and I am excited to add some future mods. Oh, my driver side door latch keeps sticking and I can tell it has broken a few inner door handles because there were extras in the trunk. Definitely gotta do a matte satin paint job, paint faded window trims, get some 16x9's, Tein springs, Koni shocks, stereo, components, etc., etc.
I'm surprised that I don't see many mod suggestions/threads. Unless, I haven't looked in the right places? Just joined & yup, I'm once again excited. I've owned quite a few vehicles and work on my own stuff if possible.

LukeSrm

I got last year a 2000 CE with 110k from the first owners of that car. I bought it from a car auction. I am very pleased with this model, and I never had any problems with it. Anyway, it was hard to find a good transporting company that would ship it to me. Luckily, I found the guys from guardianautotransport.com. They were very receptive to my problem and delivered the car with no scratches in two days. I think that this car model is one of the best for a teenager. I have with you since 2020 and I never was a mechanic.
It's the best car for this price!

I am glad to welcome you to this forum and it is very nice that you have practically settled in here.
I am of the opinion that the old generation Corolla remains a better option than the Camry, as the old generation seems to be more reliable and stylish solution. Recently, I also had to sell my car to car wreckers auckland and I did not hesitate to take a 1999 Toyota Corolla at a bargain price of $ 1,200. I think it was a fair deal, since the car has several problems that can be solved in a car service, which I will do, so the price is quite low. Good luck to everyone!