I'm new to the forum. I own a 2003 Corolla. I put up a post and maybe a member can help me. Aside from this, I love my Corolla!

Hello,
new to the Corolla Forum and hope I can get some answers. Just bought a 2003 Corolla with 139,500 miles. I was driving the car and after 30 or so miles the check engine light came on. Went to AutoZone and the OBD II code P0770 popped. Faulty shift E solenoid valve malfunction. Went to dealers mechanic and he reset code after changing tranny fluid. Said problem fixed. Well, after check engine light came on and same code popped, numerous times, was a bit upset, as I felt dealer's mechanic was just resetting code. What happens when I drive is after driving for a bit, the car will at about 60 MPH start to shake, like it's having a hard time shifting. Also, when going up a hill, it struggles to shift into a higher gear and does so at about almost 4,000 rpm. So yesterday, mechanic opened hood and told me after checking it, all 4 solenoids were fine. I took it for a ride and it did the same thing, BUT no check engine light came on and I feel he did something while under hood to prevent the check engine from coming on. The car also failed inspection. What is the problem? Can a mechanic disconnect the check engine light? Please, i hope I can get an answer, as it's under warranty for 21 more days. Thank you in advance.

The way i understand it is the torque converter is not locking, that would explain the erratic tranny symptoms, you can do some stuff on your own by checking the electrical connectors, check that the trans fluid is clean, and clean the mass air flow sensor, it may be whats triggering the code or at least contributing to the problem. Also make sure the fluid is full. Hope this helps