Outside mirrors dont automatically fold-in

Iggy

I have a 2018 corolla sedan SX

I've encountered this problem yesterday. I locked my car from the outside with the fob and the mirrors didn't automatically fold in. The mirrors will fold if I press the button from inside the car, however when locking the car the automatic folding of the mirror doesn't occur.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Betzy

I have a 2018 corolla sedan SX

I've encountered this problem yesterday. I locked my car from the outside with the fob and the mirrors didn't automatically fold in. The mirrors will fold if I press the button from inside the car, however when locking the car the automatic folding of the mirror doesn't occur.

Is there a quick fix for this?
I have a neighbour who has all the hardware for customizing and aftermarket products, however I didn't know 2018 had this category included here is a not so complicated tip i found
The Altis and Auris/iM get the auto fold mirrors. I'm not sure if the NA Corolla sedan has the harness for it but even so, it shouldn't be hard to install since the parts will fit. However, I would also look at Lexus mirrors which may have the reverse function as well.

Here is the diagrams for the 2017 iM and 2017 Corolla sedan:

https://www.sparksparts.com/auto-pa...l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat
https://www.sparksparts.com/auto-pa...l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat

Hey, I actually bought some via Aliexpress (includes the module, fuses, wiring, and even the switch for about $330). The only difference from the stock ones found on the American-made Corolla Sport are these aftermarket ones have a blue-tinted glass, which I really love. They fit perfectly and should have them hooked up by this Friday from the date of my reply. Waiting on some wire I need to connect the turn signals, but the motors of these are operated through some simple hookups (hardest part of which is taking off the door panels and routing the wiring through all the cabin panels. I went further, installing side view cameras and integrating them into the head unit via another module from Aliexpress.

Betzy

Hey, I actually bought some via Aliexpress (includes the module, fuses, wiring, and even the switch for about $330). The only difference from the stock ones found on the American-made Corolla Sport are these aftermarket ones have a blue-tinted glass, which I really love. They fit perfectly and should have them hooked up by this Friday from the date of my reply. Waiting on some wire I need to connect the turn signals, but the motors of these are operated through some simple hookups (hardest part of which is taking off the door panels and routing the wiring through all the cabin panels. I went further, installing side view cameras and integrating them into the head unit via another module from Aliexpress.
Excellent. Will you tell us how it went?

Hey Betzy,

I finished days ago but was too busy and didn't get a chance to upload. The hardest part of this is routing the wiring to the turn signals through the factory door wire harness (since you want it to look as close to OEM specs. as possible). I found a Toyota install sheet online for an older model (not Corolla), but they routed the wire from the mirrors to the turn signals in front, so I did the same. I included some pictures so you know how they fit in if your Corolla never had the turn signals, to begin with (if yours has them already, then it's more plug-n-play friendly than my install). There are two cameras on the side mirrors which help with blind spots, and I also routed that to connect to my factory Entune Premium and aftermarket rearview digital mirror (this digital mirror is on par with the Rav4 digital mirror).

Attachments

Also to address the OP's concern, I would check with your auto-folding mirrors locking+ and unlocking+ wires, seems maybe you have a short and or loose connection. If you check these connections with a multimeter and everything is fine, I would check your factory mirror module or a setting could be changed also (for example: these aftermarket ones have a setting where you may disable and then re-enable the automatic folding feature by turning ignition from OFF to ON, then pressing the locking switch on the door panel 4 times in 5 seconds, if the mirrors fold, it means you have turned the "Auto" mode off. Repeating the same enables them to auto-fold once again).