Subwoofer

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had instructions to install an amplifier in the trunk for the corolla 2014. My sub woofer is already encased and connected to the amplifier. I could simply figure it out but I don't want to damage any panels since the car is a lease.

Thanks!

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had instructions to install an amplifier in the trunk for the corolla 2014. My sub woofer is already encased and connected to thremovedier. I could simply figure it out but I don't want to damage any panels since the car is a lease.

Thanks!
Are you using the factory stereo? If so your going to need a inline converter to hookup the amplifier and subwoofer to the stereo and a way to power the amplifier. The panels are easily removed.

You run the risk of burning up wires and everything that way you especially don't want that with a lease vehicle the amplifier and subwoofer pulls more power than the factory wiring can handle.

the power for the amp comes from the car battery. the amp has speaker signal inputs. these inputs barely take any power. the amp amplifies the signal using the 12VDC. The inline converter simply converts the amps RCA ports to speaker wire which you would splice to the rear speakers anyway... its the same thing

Well I'm just giving my opinion I have 2 10" subs Pioneer stereo along with two amps one for the subs and mids and highs I don't want to splice into the factory wiring at all especially with a lease vehicle good luck.

Thanks man. but just letting you know that what you are doing is the exact same thing. if you are wiring it to the terminal on the head unit to an inline converter then there is no difference between that and wiring it from a splice to the speaker level inputs on the amp. If you have speaker level inputs you do not need an inline converter. I don't need help with the electronics, I'm very able when it comes to that.

I need help on what panels to remove and how to put the power wire through the firewall and to the battery. since you have already done this, what hole did you find to get through the firewall?

Everything I have seen so far has had the box drilled into something. Only other way would be to remove the trunk panels, set them off to the side, mount your sub, and then swapping the sub for the panels when the lease it up.

this sub is quite small 8" and simply straps on to the bottom of the trunk with these straps that it came with. I just want to know how to get through the firewall and to the engine compartment with the power cable

Thanks man. but just letting you know that what you are doing is the exact same thing. if you are wiring it to the terminal on the head unit to an inline converter then there is no difference between that and wiring it from a splice to the speaker level inputs on the amp. If you have speaker level inputs you do not need an inline converter. I don't need help with the electronics, I'm very able when it comes to that.

I need help on what panels to remove and how to put the power wire through the firewall and to the battery. since you have already done this, what hole did you find to get through the firewall?
I used a little dimple of rubber where the main harness goes through the firewall next to master cylinder the panels come off easily just a pain getting the power wire through the grommet where the main harness comes through.

You will be ok taping into the rear speakers with the Hi-low converter. That's how I have it and I'm running 1200 watts rms. Running a kicker amp 1200.1 with 2-12 kicker comp R subs and have had no issues. As you said you are not drawing not putting any power into the rear speaker. Your only converting from a high output to low (rca) output. Hope all worked out for you.