Window Tint

Got my tint done. The black interior makes the tint look way darker than it really is, its 35% which is the legal limit here.

Last edited:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
first thing I did was remove that oval badge above the corolla. of ours? I like a lighter tint today, rather look for issues down the road.

first thing I did was remove that oval badge above the corolla. of ours? I like a lighter tint today, rather look for issues down the road.
I need to remove that eventually. The shop had 50, 35, 20, and 5. 50 looked pointless and not worth the money so I went with 35, which is legal. I'm keeping the receipt in the console anyway just incase, but for the 6 years I had my previous vehicle with 20, I never had any issues. The 35 looks darker than it really is because its a white car with black interior.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Well it is not the receipt that counts, it is the scope that reads the light. I not look for a reason to draw attention. And the back window is fine but the rear sides will draw the attention if asked.

What really counts is the officer's discretion and regardless of the window, the law applies to every window on the car not just the sides. Like i said, i'm not worried about it. My previous vehicle drew much more attention from everyone on the road than the corolla ever will

koby

I have 20% on the back and 35% up front where the limit is 35% and a few cops have glanced at me but never more than that

SCQTT

If this type of stuff were perfected and was able to meet customer expectations it would be available on $75K+ automobiles as an OE option. I bet we will see it in the next few years, but it will be a while before we see it in the sub $50K price point. I'm sure the price of replacement glass will be pricy.

I just made an appointment to get my tint done. The 3rd brake light was in the trunk lid spoiler on my 13, with an unused dummy light under the window above the package tray. My tint guy dropped the tray and tinted the whole back window, some lazy tinters will tint around the unused third brake light. it looks much cleaner to tint over it.

That said since my 15 only has the third brake light in the package tray I think I might have him tint over it anyhow. The look will be much cleaner and I am sure the light will still show through the tint. What have you guys done? How about positing pics of the rear window 14-15 tint?